Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a bar extension?

• 19-06-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Trying to organise a college ball for next year, and the venue are trying to charge me €500. I think this is a bit steep and the last mention of one on boards says €250 would be more in line. Anyone any input?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

What college is it for? I used to work in an SU and we usually went with the approach of "our students are going to spend €000's in your club. It'll be free and you'll thank us for the business"

All depends on the numbers your expecting. Even if you pay for the venue, paying for an extension is a manager chancing their arm..

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

It's for six hundred people, but it's a venue that doesn't usually host balls of this sort, so their claim is they can't make the kinds of cost cuts that the hotels can.

They're also charging me about €900 to get a company in to set up a stage and dancefloor - there's no one there (it's a big conference centre). My contact claims that if we want to get our own company in to do that, that'll be fine as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I was in a meeting yesterday with a solicitor, and during conversation he happened to say that he did work for a pub who operated a bar extention. He said it cost 120eur for the actual licence (each nite) and a few hundred in costs for the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Paid 500 for bar extension for my wedding,seems to average between 250-500.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

stepbar wrote:
    I was in a meeting yesterday with a solicitor, and during conversation he happened to say that he did work for a pub who operated a bar extention. He said it cost 120eur for the actual licence (each nite) and a few hundred in costs for the solicitor.

Special exemption for a bar costs €210 per night. The extras probably depend on the solicitor

• Advertisement
Advertisement