Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera mini 4 dimension released! (beta)

• 19-06-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi lads

Just a heads-up to say that opera mini 4 is released!
    point your wap browser to http://www.operamini.com/beta and download away.

It now shows the full webpage just like nokia s60 web browser and you zoom to the relevent parts.

Remember its still in its beta stage so it missing opera mini 3 features such as: rss feeds and ssl websites but that will added in future versions and judging how quick the opera guys work..that wont be too long!!!

discuss what you think anyway, to me its new way at navigating pages and still keep costs down but its still work in progress, a few bugs and fromatting issues especially with boards.ie

damo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Beats the nokia browser on the N95 hands down. Even with the minor flaws it is still much better. I love the back feature. The only nuisance is in Boards where the menus don't work so you have to drill down through the forum structure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Opera Mini great for its (very) small footprint and this release is a big leap forward for java based handset mobile browsing.
    Would recommend big brother "Opera Mobile" if you have an N95 though! Brilliant symbian based browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Opera Mobile is pretty sweet, used it myself for years.

It used to come bundled with the 6680, but I don't think it comes with the newer symbian phones.
    Do you have to buy it for the N73 say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Yes, I bought it for N73.
    Newer versions of Symbian OS 9 (feature pack 1) will have a combined web+wap browser so it should make things easier for browsing in future. Currently Opera Mobile is the best browser for me, easily trumping Nokia's innovitave web browser (as it loads all page code+html in background making page sizes very big) especially when using the "rotate me" app for Nokia N73 which gives me a lanscape screen to browse on.
    Don't mind paying for something which works well. I think its €20 or so..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Does this new zoom feature mean thats its gonna cost more to use as it loads the whole page at once as opposed to the page being broken up into multiple as in Opera 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Yes, I bought it for N73.
    Newer versions of Symbian OS 9 (feature pack 1) will have a combined web+wap browser so it should make things easier for browsing in future. Currently Opera Mobile is the best browser for me, easily trumping Nokia's innovitave web browser (as it loads all page code+html in background making page sizes very big) especially when using the "rotate me" app for Nokia N73 which gives me a lanscape screen to browse on.
    Don't mind paying for something which works well. I think its €20 or so..

I have opera builtin to my p990i, its brill cos it loads text first and then images so your not waiting ages for the page to load.
    Opera seems to know their stuff when it comes to web browsers!:p
    Opera mobile 9 looks really good, apparently it will have opera mini 4 like full zoom and AJAX support...yum!
    Does this new zoom feature mean thats its gonna cost more to use as it loads the whole page at once as opposed to the page being broken up into multiple as in Opera 3?

it seems to be same as opera 3, its loading the same amount images etc but its formatted like the real page.
    Its a joy to use on my p990i because of the touchscreen, very quick, was showing to my mates there yerterday..they couldnt believe their eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

My main problem with the beta is that the text in the 'small' text option in the fit to screen mode on my N73 is now much larger than in Opera Mini 3. I really hope they change this as it's going to make scrolling through forums very awkward. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

quintron wrote:
    Opera Mini great for its (very) small footprint and this release is a big leap forward for java based handset mobile browsing.
    Would recommend big brother "Opera Mobile" if you have an N95 though! Brilliant symbian based browser.

Had Opera mobile on just prior and preferred the nokia one to that but this new mini one will be worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The new mini sounds like what I'm looking for! Gonna have to try this out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement