Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passright school of motoring

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody have experience of heard anything good about this school? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Karyn, i worked for PassRight for c 3years, and would highly recommend them, (naturally ;) )

They are a small professional outfit, all DIR qualified instructors, and the owner is highly regarded in driver instructor circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hmm I had one lesson with someone from there and I was pretty unimpressed - I could feel myself making several stupid mistakes and the instructor didn't mention it.
    They also told me, when reversing around a corner, to put on my hazard lights if another car comes up behind me. I've since been told that this is completely wrong. Although maybe it is just a different approach and still correct, I'm not entirely sure. I didn't do this in the test anyway, and passed.

Sorry to hear that Waspy, and you were right not to put on the hazards whilst performing the reverse.
    Its 4 years since i left Passright, so its more than likely they have some new instructors on board.
    Before i joined them, it was a requirement that i had to have my DIR qualification, as opposed to many of the "x school of Motoring trained", which is not a helluva lot more than just having your full licence.
    I would still recommend them tho. The proprietor of PassRight, Cathy Bacon, is the Chair of the IADI (Irish Association of Driving Instructors) is, as i posted previously, very highly regarded and respected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

I had a lesson from someone at PassRight (I think his name was Nick) around the SGS Deansgrange centre. I had lessons from quite a few different instructors from different schools, but he was by far the best. I would highly recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was quite recently (in the last few months anyway) that I had this lesson so it could have been a brand new person. They might not even be there anymore. Chances are, if everyone else had good experiences, I was just unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you remember the instructors name? If so, please pm me so I can avoid them if possible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Where is this place based?

Main base is Blackhorse Ave, close to McKee Barracks, tho they serve most of dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Must check them out. I used ISM in Ranelagh for my last test, and while I thought the instructor was good, I didn't pass. So I want to try elsewhere this time round.

Advertisement