Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 306

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting one of these, it seems to tick all the boxes.

I need a hatchback, air con, really comfortable, relaible, good looking, good handling and a nice drive. I was going to get a focus but there just to bland and common. The 306 can be picked up cheap enough.

I will hold out for one with nice wheels and a good spec (whats the highest spec level?)

Are they reliable? when and how often does the cambelt need doing?
    What should i look for when buying?

Im thinking of going for a diseal, but would also like plenty of poke, is the diseal nippy enough? Or would the petrol engine be better?

Do you think they are a bit old fasioned looking now?

Any other tips would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Thinking of getting one of these, it seems to tick all the boxes.

I need a hatchback, air con, really comfortable, relaible, good looking, good handling and a nice drive. I was going to get a focus but there just to bland and common. The 306 can be picked up cheap enough.

I will hold out for one with nice wheels and a good spec (whats the highest spec level?)

Are they reliable? when and how often does the cambelt need doing?
    What should i look for when buying?

Im thinking of going for a diseal, but would also like plenty of poke, is the diseal nippy enough? Or would the petrol engine be better?

Do you think they are a bit old fasioned looking now?

Any other tips would be great

thanks

Good reason why they're cheap. Good to drive but reliability not great and don't age very well. I drove a diesel for a while and was quite slow even when new.

Get everything checked out well if you do decide to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Great cars. Get the D-Turbo/HDI if possible, or else the 1.9 Turbo. Skip the 1.8 diesel which is naturally aspirated, and a complete dog...

I did 125k in 4 years in a HDI - Superb car, very comfortable and not a single fault in that time, only things that wear out anyway. Service them on time so make sure you get something with a full service history. Meridian spec should be your minimum, with half leather seats and full electrics.

Good luck - Lots to choose from!

Gil

Advertisement