Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to learn the Bango

Options
  • 20-06-2007 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to start learning banjo - Does anyone know where I could look for a few lessons?

Of course Ill need to buy an actual bango but I wouldnt mind doing a few lesssons first to see if it was for me.

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you mean ?
    a) banjo
    b) bongo
    c) something I never heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

biko wrote:
    Do you mean ?
    a) banjo
    b) bongo
    c) something I never heard of

Banjo - my bad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Bango, you mean sex? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask the musicians playing in the pubs and/or check notice boards in Arus na Gael and Crane bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Tenor or 5 string?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

5 string (me thinks) although I could be educated on the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

5 string banjo has the high g string that starts 5 frets up the neck, used mostly in bluegrass music, tenor banjo is 4 strings and more common in Irish folk music

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

There are beginner classes called Dusty Banjos with 1 session a week. They used to be run out of Monroes or the Crane but I think now they are in Richardsons on Eyre Sq.
    Ask in there.

Advertisement