Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Value Xbox 360

• 20-06-2007 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Where's the best value?

Premium
    • *Special Offer* GameStop - €199.99 - no games, xboxlive silver
    • Symths - €409.99 - no games
    • Komplett - €405+shipping - No games

Anyone know any others? Play.com don't ship their Xboxs outside of the UK. play-asia.com works out to be less than €400 euro with shipping but they are Japanese/Asian versions of the console

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Xtravision
    Premium + Gears of War + Crackdown + Play & charge kit €399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

xtra-vision
    xbox 360 premium(harddrive,headset,wireless controller) with 3 games (gears of war,crackdown and project gotham racing 3) and a play and charge kit

All for €399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Thanks, I guess that's the cheapest around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

PC World mistakes aside, anyone able to top the xtravision €399 premium bundle? Or can anyone see it being topped in the near future? Think I'll go for it before I miss out on another good deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pierrott

The Xtravision deal is pretty good.

The Gamestop one is only if you trade in a console and 6 games. And the games have to reach a certain value. Its a great offer if you've got a PS2 and six top games lying around. I tried to trade in a batch of my games there a few months ago and got offered a euro for most of them...

If you're itching for a 360 as much as I am and have as low funds as I do you might think what I was thinking...Gamestop do second hand consoles for 330 I think, premium with two uses games. Trade in a console against that and you'd be getting a 2nd hand premium console and two uses games for 290.

I was going for that option but early 360's seem to be really unreliable from what I heard, so I think I'll be getting the xtravision offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

argos is 409.99 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pierrott

I think Smyths do do an offer with games. So with the Xtravision one do you get an extra controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pierrott wrote:
    So with the Xtravision one do you get an extra controller?

No, the extras are the 3 games and the play and charge kit (rechargeable battery and cable so you can easily recharge a wireless controller, and use it wired when it runs out of battery power).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    Xtravision
    Premium + Gears of War + Crackdown + Play & charge kit €399

jesus that's a class deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Probably a stupid question, but I like to ask stupid questions...They're usually not stupid.

Are the older 360 consoles, i.e. one you might get in a deal with Premium console + PES6 (specifically) + GoW + Play and Charge kit for €400, less reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Should be, most were manufactured after Aug/Spetember of 2006 ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyone know where to get a cheap cheap 360... Want to get one to use as a media extender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Anyone know if that Xtravision deal is going on in the Xtravision in Knocklyon?

edit - nevermind just rang them and they've had none for about 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I was in Smyths today and their package consists of:

Xbox 360 Premium console
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Gears of War
    Play and Charge Kit
    A bunch of vouchers

For €399.99.

Advertisement