Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes n' Books

Options
  • 20-06-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Whats everyone doing with theirs? I'm at two minds about whether to scrap em or to hold onto the in case of a repeat, though thats just not gonna happen! Might be able to flog a few hundred pages of institute notes as well. Seems likes such a waste and I don't care what anyone says the feeling of burning your books isn't THAT good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i always said id burn them but when i gathered them all up i kinda got a bit sentimental, seems so a waste. put in so much effort into doing things jus to watch em burn.. im holding on to them incase people need them.. i photocopied some notes for a couple of 5th yrs before their summer exams so il see if they want some.. im sure somebody will get some use outta them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Going to siblings. Also if I decide to give grinds next year to make some money, then 'twill come in handy. I always thought burning notes was such a load of nonsense anyways tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I'm storing all mine away in case I repeat (which is very likely). Plus, my bro is going into fifth year next year so he can use them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I tried to sell mine in the second hand book shop.

Less Stress more success changed the front cover of their books- so I can't sell them.
    Folens are bringing out new french books -cant sell them.
    Rapid Revision are changing as well - can't sell them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I never really used notes written by other people/teachers. I made my own shorthand summaries of everything in the form of notes. I have about 5/6 copies of them, but they'd be useless to anyone but me.

As for my books, I'll probably keep them for for a year and then see what ones my sister can use when she goes into 5th year. I'll sell any extras at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

I kept my Biology and Physics books, partially for sentimental reasons, and partially because I'm studying both subjects next year, and they may come in handy. I also kept my English hardbacks purely because I put so much damn work into those essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

For fear of repeating I dunno what to do!

I'm gonna keep my maths book anyway but none of my notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Threw out all my copy books, tests and essays. Never made any of my own notes.
    Keeping the books for the siblings, and notes given to me by teachers. Im not repeating, no matter what happens.
    Im keeping my applied maths notes for Engineering next year, could come in handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Well I'm keeping everything till I know whether I get in to UCC or not. Even though I still have Applied Maths to do, which is one that I'd be counting on, I think I've done well enough on the other 7 subjects so far to get the points for Maths Sciences but you can never be sure.

When I know I've gotten in, most of them, like English and Irish will be gone but I've a brother who will be doing his LC in 6 years time, so I'll keep most of the notes, all of Maths for obvious reasons, most of German, Applied Maths and Accounting. Its mostly textbooks I'll be getting rid of, ones that are/will be out of date like Irish for instance as his year will be only the second year to do the new and vastly superior Irish course for the Leaving Cert.

For those of you doing Engineering who did Applied Maths for the LC, LC Applied Maths is what you'll be doing when you do Mechanics in first year so I'm told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sxcbbz

i tnk i wil brn d buks! wt r yers duin?

XxXxXxMwAhXxXxXxLoVsYaXxXxXxBeXyXxXxXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Physics,Chemistry and maths-I'm keeping everything to do with them for two reasons.1)I'm studying all of them in college hopefully,so they may come in handy.2)I've already been asked about giving people help in some of those subjects next year....so I suppose I'll have to keep everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Been a few years since I had this question. Some of my Maths notes were passed on to siblings. But most of the rest, along with my uniform, were put on a bonfire I lit to celebrate the end of secondary school. I took great pleasure in burning my Chemistry book in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

What was its heat of combustion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Im selling my books and burning ever notes copy I have tonight. Having a burning books party. Im going to drink buckfast and watch my half arsed french notes fly into the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

In the fire she goes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Only keeping my Maths and App Maths books.... Yeats can burn in the bonfire :)

Advertisement