Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student question

Options
  • 20-06-2007 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice guys and any help would be great , currently I’m in Australia at the moment and I’m looking at coming home around march / April next year but sooner if I need too , 2+ years is enough for me.

So anyway I’ll cut to the chase, I have made up my mind to go back to college and even picked out the course that I want to do .

My questions are: When do I apply to the CAO? Do I just take the normal channels or is there anything else I must do? Been in Australia leaves it rather difficult to find out a lot of this information, but as a mature student how do I apply and when.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sarge,

You can bypass the CAO lark as a mature student. Contact the relevant department in the college and see what their requirements are for mature students.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just after sending a email to the business department at the college hopefully the'll shall get back to me in due course.

Another thing is that i actually did go to college and failed first year so decided to repeat it again and ended up dropping out does this affect my chance of gettinga mature student place , or does it mean any fee's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zaphod_ie

Not definite Sarge but don't think it will affect you chances of getting a place but you may end up having to pay firstyear fees. I know this happens if you are not a mature student and fail/drop out and change courses

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sarge wrote:
    Another thing is that i actually did go to college and failed first year so decided to repeat it again and ended up dropping out does this affect my chance of gettinga mature student place , or does it mean any fee's?

Colleges are quite keen to get mature students on board, so I would be very surprised if it affects your chances.

Not sure on the fee thing, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Okay guys as i was saying that i sent the email off to the powers that be and shall await there comment on the situation i shall let you know the out come.

• Advertisement
Advertisement