Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for being a Jackie Healy Rae Fan

Options
  • 20-06-2007 6:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello

I got banned from Politics for defending Jackie Healy Rae and upsetting the moderator. I was told it would be for a week because I told another poster that they were a Gombeen and not Jackie...Feels like my free speech right was taken away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been longer than a week and I am still banned and now I am getting annoyed. It was my first time too on this blog , had never participated before!!!!

What is up with that?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Anton74 wrote:
    Hello

I got banned from Politics for defending Jackie Healy Rae and upsetting the moderator. I was told it would be for a week because I told another poster that they were a Gombeen and not Jackie...Feels like my free speech right was taken away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been longer than a week and I am still banned and now I am getting annoyed. It was my first time too on this blog , had never participated before!!!!

What is up with that?

1. You've posted this on the wrong forum. For "Fight the Powah" threads, feedback must be used

2. You don't have free speech on boards. If you abuse anyone, you will be banned.

3. You have to PM the mod to get access back.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tbh wrote:
    1. You've posted this on the wrong forum. For "Fight the Powah" threads, feedback must be used

2. You don't have free speech on boards. If you abuse anyone, you will be banned.

3. You have to PM the mod to get access back.
    And after you do all that...........read the forum charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Threaten to withdraw your support for the mod in question until you get restoration of full posting privileges.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Anton74 wrote:
    It was my first time too on this blog , had never participated before!!!!

It's a forum, not a blog. Get your own blog and you can have all the free speech you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054939239
    Anton74 wrote:
    was told it would be for a week because I told another poster that they were a Gombeen and not Jackie...

From post no. 12, it seems you were merely warned.
    Anton74 wrote:
    I got banned from Politics for defending Jackie Healy Rae and upsetting the moderator.

Seems the real reason you were banned was outlined in Post no. 16, where oscarbravo states that your entire post was ripped from some external article without any discussion or attribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stark wrote:
    Seems the real reason you were banned was outlined in Post no. 16, where oscarbravo states that your entire post was ripped from some external article without any discussion or attribution.
    Yep. I googled part of your little speech and got a match on some blog. You seem to be a JHR spammer, not a fan eager for constructive discussion.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As it happens, I lifted the ban this morning - against my better judgement - after having read the two PMs I received from Anton. This morning was my first time online since late last week, hence the delay in unbanning.

I issued a warning for calling another poster a gombeen. I would normally have only issued a warning for the unattributed copy/paste, but given that it was posted as a reply to my original warning, I felt a short ban was warranted.

I strongly suggest the OP read and understand the Politics charter before posting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

oscarBravo wrote:
    I issued a warning for calling another poster a gombeen. I would normally have only issued a warning for the unattributed copy/paste, but given that it was posted as a reply to my original warning, I felt a short ban was warranted.
    Two yellow cards = red, seems fair enough tbh

Advertisement