Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterier Wiring

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:09am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, i have to get some electrical wire for my back garden as im in the process (slow) of doing it up!

i ma at the stage now to lay my wires for external lights decking led's etc.

my electrician friend told me to get 3x1.5 NYMJ wire

i work in harolds cross and live in finglas so can anybodey recommend a shop/wholesalers in any oif these areas or in between to get this in?
    thanks,
    keith.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

O Reilley's beside the Swiss Cottage on the Swords Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 corkonian0110

just a comment, NYMJ offers no real protections if buried in the ground - i would always put down cabling with some kinda armour protection.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

just a comment, NYMJ offers no real protections if buried in the ground - i would always put down cabling with some kinda armour protection.

i think were laying it in 2 inch pipes!
    that should help, or we will lay some sort of warning layer above it!

got it in hall electric in harolds cross, thats for the comments guys, now all i need is protective plastic to cover the floors as i have no side entrance!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭secman

Go for SWA cable , steel wire armour , safer in the long run.

Advertisement