Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA cant handle simple things it seems

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I have been with them for years. Never had any complaints until now.
    After my current account went into the red i thought the quickest thing to do was transfer money from my credit card in there... However after i requested it online i realised it took 7 to 10 days?? So that was no good since my mortgage was due out in 2. So i rang up, they said sorry they are working on making that system faster but she would cancel it straight away as its not use to me now.
    Thats fine, i got an overdraft instead and all is fine.

Then today i notice on my online credit card that the transfer has in fact gone ahead??? :eek:

So i rang up and spoke to a girl and by the time i made her understand i had cancelled this a week ago i was so pissed off i lost the head and demanded it be sorted out as im not paying anything on this. Anyway i have never lost it like that on the phone and she was saying she would have to terminate the call if i persisted... anyway i said sorry and she put me on hold.

She came back saying it looks like it has in fact been transferred to my current account (has not appeared online yet). So i will have to transfer it back and they will take care of the fees.

Thats all fine now.. until of course i find they have charged me interest anyway... If they do im just going to cancel the card. I cant deal with muppetry like this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Stinkerbelle

I HATE them, nearly paid off my card with them thank god. And then it's bye bye. They increased the limit on my account without my permission last week by 3700!!!! Which they admitted to me they weren't allowed to do thanks to the new law which came in a year ago. All very sorry of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Anyone know if the tesco card is MBNA? I suspect it might be

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Tesco is Royal Bank of Scotland :)

Nice one Buffy.. actually i never got a chance to finish that post as my customer came back from lunch :D Was supposed to be "i suspect it might be RBS as i saw some mention of them on the site for tesco finance but not the credit card".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Saruman wrote:
    I have been with them for years. Never had any complaints until now.
    After my current account went into the red i thought the quickest thing to do was transfer money from my credit card in there... However after i requested it online i realised it took 7 to 10 days?? So that was no good since my mortgage was due out in 2. So i rang up, they said sorry they are working on making that system faster but she would cancel it straight away as its not use to me now.
    Thats fine, i got an overdraft instead and all is fine.

Then today i notice on my online credit card that the transfer has in fact gone ahead??? :eek:

So i rang up and spoke to a girl and by the time i made her understand i had cancelled this a week ago i was so pissed off i lost the head and demanded it be sorted out as im not paying anything on this. Anyway i have never lost it like that on the phone and she was saying she would have to terminate the call if i persisted... anyway i said sorry and she put me on hold.

She came back saying it looks like it has in fact been transferred to my current account (has not appeared online yet). So i will have to transfer it back and they will take care of the fees.

Thats all fine now.. until of course i find they have charged me interest anyway... If they do im just going to cancel the card. I cant deal with muppetry like this.

They'll take care of any interest fees too. Just make sure you inform them that you want that taken care of aswell.

• Advertisement

Like i said, they told me they would take care of the interest... However since they also said the transfer was cancelled a week ago i have no faith in them :D
    It arrived in my accont last night so will get on to bank and see if they can send it right back. Otherwise i will get transfer details from MBNA to wire it back to their account.

Advertisement