Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two shows on tonight. Loft?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭

Well looking at the Channel 4 schedule for tonight there are two shows listed.
    As well as the usual highlights program, it looks like there is a live show with
    Davina scheduled for 8.00.

Further searching online throws up the following:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2007280425,00.html

"HOUSEMATES will soon face a special twist — as BB opens up an ATTIC room. Set designers have been working on the top secret upper level for a couple of days."

" Meanwhile, show chiefs are planning a live task tonight which could determine who goes on Friday.

It will present housemates with a dilemma involving the £100,000 prize.

A show insider revealed: “It’s a big twist. The housemates are going to have to work together to decide what to do.” Davina McCall will host two live shows tonight."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

There are rumours that it's all a swindle to get people watching that new Brothers and Sisters show..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It just looks like they've split the highlights show in two to wrap it around Brothers and Sisters to give it a good audience figures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Don't think it's just the normal highlights type show due to the mentioning
    of Davina hosting it. I wonder if it's connected to the forfeit the person
    who came last in the swimming task will have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got this from Digital Spy, think it might be similar to Eugene getting offered the money

Snake ;)

It will be dilemma time for the housemates tonight when they will be asked to make an important decision during two live shows.

During the two programmes, host Davina McCall will give the housemates a dilemma involving a large sum of money.

Whatever decision the housemates come to could change one of their lives.

All of the contestants are unaware that they will have to make an important decision later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Oh, exciting! Looking forward to seeing what happens tonight now! God, I have no life... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I really hope it isn't all a ploy to boost the ratings of 'Brothers and Sisters', wonder if that show will be any good? Doubt I'll watch it anyway, doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I hope the show somehow involves someone given the option to blowtorch Charley's face. Chanelle will probably agree to that.

Hmm...interesting twist. Carole, Jonathan and Seany had to decide who to give 100,000 pounds to! They had a minute to decide and chose... Liam! Bit of a shock... Also interesting that the rest of the housemates now think all the prize money has gone and that they won't get anything at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're all in bits right now on the telly. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What a dead duck that 'twist' was...who cares...they're al gonna make for more than that in endorsments etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

They are all media savvy enough to realise the real money is not the prize
    fund but rather the money from appearances and the likes of Heat mag.
    'twas a load of pants as live shows go in my book and clearly just C4
    blowing 100k to promote Brothers & Sisters as Capt Negative alluded
    to earlier.

• Advertisement

Yeah, poor Liam seems totally confused! It was a slightly random show though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wait till you see that Charley one will be all over him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

that was good. Even though he's only there since Friday, he obviously made an impression on some of them.

Liam seems like a nice genuine guy

edit - imagine if they gave it to Charley!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Whats going on? Does he actually get the money? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Marshy wrote:
    Whats going on? Does he actually get the money? :confused:

yeah, he gets 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's not so much the money, but what the fallout might be I suspect..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought that was a load of pants. Completely pointless. Glad they picked Liam anyway, he may have only been there a few days, but he definitely seems to be the most genuine person in the place.
    I would have much preferred to see the extended version of the whole Freddy/condoms/Gerry/Seány situation, because that was quality television. Thought it was so funny how Gerry was trying to be very serious about the whole thing and everyone else was just trying to contain their giggles.
    This is why we can't vote Seány out on Friday - his pranks cause a lot of trouble, it's brilliant and has anyone else noticed he blames Carole for everything??? Classic stuff. Carole to go, she's just boring these days, starting an argument over a towel for Christ sake. Yawn.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have to agree that the money was a bit pointless, for some of them 100K is more than they'd ever make from media stuff (Carole, Laura, Nikki etc) as they generally slip into obscurity once they leave. But will be interesting to see how the others react to Liam now they know he's got a few quid going spare.

I was gutted to see two of the talking about giving it to Ziggy...

Funny as fcuk if he left the show today!

The fun and games have begun:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a62149/nicky-goes-to-war-with-charley-over-liam.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I read on the BB website earlier (can't find link now) that when they showed Carole, Seany & Jonathon on the camera being given the task of choosing... Charlie said "I'm not taking the money, I don't want it"... FFS did she really think she was going to be chosen.. Get a grip love :rolleyes:

xzanti wrote:
    I read on the BB website earlier (can't find link now) that when they showed Carole, Seany & Jonathon on the camera being given the task of choosing... Charlie said "I'm not taking the money, I don't want it"... FFS did she really think she was going to be chosen.. Get a grip love :rolleyes:

She's just too pathetic! Seems quite a few of the housemates expected to get the money, including Gerry and Laura. Will be interesting to see just how bitter and twisted they get now they all think the prize money has gone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement