Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wicklow gap bmx 4x

Options
  • 20-06-2007 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

there is a rumour going around that there is a bmx 4x track being built somewhere in the wicklow gap, anyone heard anymore of this? could be the beginnings of something great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Are you talking about the downhill track thats being built in Luglass?If thats what your thinking of its not ready yet.I dont know when it will be ready but theres rumors that its going to be done for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

i really dont know what im talking about, is luglass near hollywood?
    downhill as in mountainbikes or downhill racing for bmx and mountainbike (possibly mountainboard)?

Downhill racing as in mountain bikes- jumps, rocks, berms etc.....From what i hear its going to be the first official dh track in the country.Theres going to be uplifts every weekend when its built.Uplifts are a lift in a tractor trailer or van back to the start of the track to save all the pushing.
    I dont know where luglass is.Had a look on google but couldnt find much.
    Hope that helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Will there be a 4x track aswell?Ye are so lucky,ye just got a world klass skatepark and now ye are getting a world klass downhill track.

Dont think theres going to be a 4x track.Its going to be a class track when its made.The guy whos making it designs a lot of the world cup dh tracks and 4x tracks.

• Advertisement

cheers for the info, hope it turns out brilliant for you guys

i keep hearing that there will be a 4x track, with the downhill track weaving in and out of it, getting bmx supercross going in ireland would be brilliant.
    has anyone heard anything else about this?
    id be very interested in getting good at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Good to hear Theo,I hope it is true.Basically Ireland is the only country in the world who more than likely will not have a bmx team ready for the olympics.If this track goes ahead then there may be some hope of us having a team ready,even is it is made up of downhillers and not true bmx riders.

Advertisement