Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Polish Painters" - anyone have any experience of them?

• 20-06-2007 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi, I got a flyer in the door recently from "Polish Painters" (their description!). I phoned them today and they quoted me EUR 200 to paint my hall. I've no experience of painters - does this sound like a fair quote? (It's a small hall.) Also, does anyone have any experience of these painters and know what kind of job they do?
    TIA
    Petra

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey,

We recently got some Polish painters to paint our house which is fairly big. Different set for the outside tho, as there quote for it was to expensive.

They done the skirting boards, dado rails (I think), door saddles, stair case (not all, but part of it), and doors. They didnt have to do any walls or cellings. Cant recall the price, but it was fairly reasnoable.

A different crowd did some outside work, such as gutters and stuff. Also painted outdoor seatting (incl. tables).

They did a very good job, both times. Neither were "painters by profesion" either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

No idea but theres a crowd just off Barracks Street who are supposedly fairly good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Thanks for the info Sully. Could you give me the contact details of your crowd? PM if you like.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya ill ask the da when he returns, as I had nothing to do with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

PetraMac wrote:
    Hi, I got a flyer in the door recently from "Polish Painters" (their description!). I phoned them today and they quoted me EUR 200 to paint my hall. I've no experience of painters - does this sound like a fair quote? (It's a small hall.) Also, does anyone have any experience of these painters and know what kind of job they do?
    TIA
    Petra

Here a cheaper way to get your hall painted, get up early saturday morning with paint plus paint brush an old sheet,some sugar soap.
    step 1
    Clean wall with sugar soap, and wipe
    place old sheet on floor, start to paint
    take your time,dip brush in paint careful taking out to avoid spilling.
    Finish painting clean brush, stand back and smile
    take wife or partner out for meal (on money saved)
    wake up next morning with another smile on your face
    work is good!!! getting other, to do your work is bad!! (joking about this )
    j

• Advertisement
Advertisement