Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find follain whiskey marmalade?

• 20-06-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Just heard about this marmalade. Does anybody know what shops stock it or where I can get it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A quick Google of "follian whiskey marmalade" brings up this page. Article reads:

"FOLLAIN TEORANTA

Follain Teoranta is co-owned by husband and wife team, Mairin and Peadar Leonard. First established in 1983, the company produces preserves made from locally sourced fruit. Mairin had experience of working in honey processing and therefore had a detailed knowledge about food production when the company was founded.

The following five awards were awarded to Follain Teoranta — Mango Chutney, bronze, Mexican Salsa, bronze, Strawberry Jam, bronze, Orange Marmalade, silver, and Tomato Based Soup, bronze. “It’s a boost to the ego. And even better, it can be used as a selling point,” says Mairin of the award.

The company produces a full range of marmalades (orange, grapefruit, seville orange, whiskey marmalade), plus a full range of jams (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blackcurrant, gooseberry, apricot and rhubarb and ginger). A savoury range including Mexican Salsa and Tomato Soup are currently being test marketed by the company.

Employing 12 full time staff, Follain Teoranta has a presence in all of Ireland’s major multiples, and Flanagan Sales & Marketing handles the bulk of its distribution. The company also supplies to Safeway and Sainsbury’s and some small shops in the UK where there is an Irish population nearby."

Another quick Google of "Flanagan Sales & Marketing" brings me to their site which tells me that they supply:

Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalu, Centra, Costcutter, Mace, Spar, Gala, Londis, etc, etc...

I'd imagine that Dunnes or Tesco would be your best bet.

Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Thank you HB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I remember seeing it in a random shop in Portnoo in Donegal!

Sure... next time you're passing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Follain is good stuff! Especially the loganberry!

Advertisement