Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Roof Moymaterial

Options
  • 20-06-2007 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I was at the bloom festival and I saw a sample of a green roof, I saw them in the states about 4/5 years ago and thought they were a great idea.
    My roof is about 45.M.sq. and I was put in contact with Moy material. It is looking like costing in or around €1500.00 for the matrials.

has anyone any experience of this, does it sound like a good cost (bearing in ming that I'm getting the plants with 20mm soil coverage and a mat with an additional 50mm, according to the sales man some places don't go with the additional 50mm , cutting the cost but the roof may die in 2-4 years as it has no where to go.
    Anyway it need to be fed once a year and might need the odd watering.

I was also wondering if Cats like to do their biz on it.

Good news on that front, i got the plants that cats hate, I'll get all the details and do post on it's own, as this is the subject that brought me to boards DIY in the first place.

Advertisement