Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before digiweb come calling?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up last weekend, when they sent out the confirmation of order e-mail I thought they might include some detail about contacting me within a certain number of days (subject to real-life happenings). So how long do they take before things get moving?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ordered on the 19th of April. Still no word.

Going to go with someone else.

Thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

i got digiweb installed lasy year in ranelagh,south dublin and it took them about 2 weeks before they called out..took the technician about 2 hours to get modem etc installed..have had no problems since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ordered it about 6 weeks ago and was told that the engineer would be there in about 15 business days. sure enough 15 business days later no sign of a guy, so gave them a call and they said 5 more business. This time the guy did actually show up but unfortunately the house was down too low to get a signal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Heya I ordered Digiweb last year, and received the package within a week. It is easy enough to install yourself without needing an engineer - just linking the cables is all - easier than setting up a desktop computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you talking about Metro or ripwave? Pretty sure they have to install the former.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Digiweb sell Metro and also use a slower FWA wireless connection in rural areas with no Metro. Ripwave is Irish Broadband. No engineer install for ripwave.

Give them a call to see roughly when they expect to do the install.

Ripwave is Irish Broadband.

Do'h

Mike.

Got digiweb installed Saturday morning, it took about 45 mins and I was left to configure the system myself (not a problem as a rule) however my PC (coal-powered Win98se) refused to say hello to the ethernet card despite me using it with UTV only an hour earlier. Tech support tried to run diagnosics but without success except to confirm the above . I swapped the modem back to UTV to see if it was me or the digiwebs Thompson box alas it was my PC :(

Reinstalled my trust 56k modem and went to dell.ie buy an Inspiron 530 (0nly took nearly 2 hours!), today got back from work plugged in pc fired up Opera by habit and lo-and behold I was online! The only thing that I can think of was that reinstalled the PCI modem changed something in the system files to allow the ethernet card to be recognised.

Don't know what else it could be. *scratches head* One curio is that the vmm32.vxd files is listed as not present but its in system folder.

No I won't cancell the Dell order I really do need a pooter for the 21st century.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

mike65 wrote:
    Got digiweb installed Saturday morning, it took about 45 mins and I was left to configure the system myself (not a problem as a rule) however my PC (coal-powered Win98se) refused to say hello to the ethernet card despite me using it with UTV only an hour earlier. Tech support tried to run diagnosics but without success except to confirm the above . I swapped the modem back to UTV to see if it was me or the digiwebs Thompson box alas it was my PC :(

Reinstalled my trust 56k modem and went to dell.ie buy an Inspiron 530 (0nly took nearly 2 hours!), today got back from work plugged in pc fired up Opera by habit and lo-and behold I was online! The only thing that I can think of was that reinstalled the PCI modem changed something in the system files to allow the ethernet card to be recognised.

Don't know what else it could be. *scratches head* One curio is that the vmm32.vxd files is listed as not present but its in system folder.

No I won't cancell the Dell order I really do need a pooter for the 21st century.

Mike.

You say it worked fine with UTV? Are you sure its not an ISDN card you were using? Did you have ISDN?

I do know what type of modems I have! :) I have a Trust 56k card, a Zyxel ethernet box and now a Thompson ethernet box. Zyxel is be returned just as soonest.

MIke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

ANY version of windows will work.. Even old Windows 3.11 with TCP/IP

Make sure you disable dailup and PPPoE connections.

1) Make sure the PC ethernet is DHCP, automatic IP, Automatic DNS, and file & Printer sharing and MS client disabled or removed. You only want TCP/IP with DHCP mode (auto IP and auto DNS)

2) Reboot
    3) Unplug power to modem and repower after count of 15

Advertisement