Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another thread about O2 webtext

• 20-06-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is O2's online webtext 'service' once again failing to deliver SMS? Quite a number of contacts recently have claimed that they have not received messages from me.

In addition, does anyone who sends there regularly know if O2 are once again not sending to +34 (Spain) numbers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Just texted some friends in Spain, one to a movistar and one to amena number - both delivered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

all their sms was in rag order last night , 1 hour delay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

flodis79 wrote:
    Just texted some friends in Spain, one to a movistar and one to amena number - both delivered.

Thanks for that! Is Movistar now Vodafone (ES)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

no, it was Airtel that has become Vodafone Spain, Movistar are owned by Telefonica, who also own the O2 branches

Currently no-one in Spain is responding to my messages at all. I have no idea what network they are on (well one IS Vodafone as I rang and got voicemail) but the important point is, I used to be able to contact them by SMS-webtext.

Several native 087 subs are also claiming not to receive my webtexts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 have some msgs up on their website at the moment saying that they're doing more maintenance and that there'll be downtime. Was the same last week. Are you sure you're not using it during these times?

Have you rang O2 to see if they can track the messages at all? (although they probably can't as a 3rd party company do their webtexts, it's worth a try)

ciaranfo wrote:
    O2 have some msgs up on their website at the moment saying that they're doing more maintenance and that there'll be downtime. Was the same last week. Are you sure you're not using it during these times?

Have you rang O2 to see if they can track the messages at all? (although they probably can't as a 3rd party company do their webtexts, it's worth a try)

No, it's not that -I always check their site before sending. The problem is that when I send to national numbers some arrive and others don't. This has been happening a lot of late.

One of the Spanish contacts has just got in touch so that at least is going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I've just sent a webtext to a spanish vodafone number and it arrived in <5 seconds. I use it fairly regularly and can't say I've ever had a problem other than when the whole site is down

I've just sent a webtext to a spanish vodafone number and it arrived in <5 seconds. I use it fairly regularly and can't say I've ever had a problem other than when the whole site is down

Does this mean that the Spanish SIM is in your posession and roaming on an Irish network?

Advertisement