Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony w880i

• 20-06-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to buy the w880i. Wondering what ppl think of it? Anyone have it? Whats it like? i currently have the w800i. so am used to the sony software. Just wondering if its a good phone or weak?

Also was going to get it with 3. thing is 3 lock the phone. Is it possible to flash the phone and unlock it? Will that get rid of all 3's services? Or is there a way around this?

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

I have the W880i and as a first experience with Sony Ericsson I'm delighted. Really skinny but sturdy enough (i've dropped it a number of times). Great memory capacity, fantastic sound quality both on earphones and speakers and the logic and simplicity of the software is second to none. Really keen on the audio sampler!

Why did it take me so long??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

UsedtobePC wrote:
    I have the W880i and as a first experience with Sony Ericsson I'm delighted. Really skinny but sturdy enough (i've dropped it a number of times). Great memory capacity, fantastic sound quality both on earphones and speakers and the logic and simplicity of the software is second to none. Really keen on the audio sampler!

Why did it take me so long??
    You'll never go back to Nokia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Thats for sure.. i have two sonys now.. and i could never go back to a nokia. they just arent as good in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Personally I prefer the k800i over the w880i. My reasons for this wouldn't really knock the w880i anyway;
    - k800i has the cybershot camera
    - k800i buttons I find easier to use
    - I'm more likely to notice if the k800i falls outta my pocket :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i have the w880i too, posted a thread about it a while back

The w880i is perfect for me, small, light, skinny, good music
    features and lovely screen. for me it's basically a much more
    portable version of the k750i with a nicer screen and
    music player.

only thing I don't like about it is the earphones that come with it.
    you can use your own with the cable but it's not the same.
    also the battery life isn't the greatest, but it is tiny and the screen
    is big and bright so guess you can't have everything

• Advertisement

If you are prepared to spend a fortune and wait a few months check out the sony ericsson W960. 8gb of memory, touchscreen etc.
    I myself will be trading in my M600 for the new P1i.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the 960 looks nice, but you'll be waiting more than a few months if you want it on a network here. its expected in Q4 so prob won't be available on a network here until January or possibly for xmas..

the p1i is ok for what it is, but i wouldn't touch it with a bargepole as an everyday phone.

Advertisement