Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Konnan and Killings quit TNA

• 20-06-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

Ron Killings and Konnan both quit TNA tonight before the TV tapings in Orlando. Both will be working for AAA in Mexico.

Konnan was always a plus on TNA. They missed the both on LAX.

There were also issue I think with surgery for both guys with TNA loaning them the money but not paying for what needed to get done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Wow. Thats LAX down the s*hitter now, they are nothing (well not much) without Konnan. I'm not going to miss Killings though, I'm not a huge fan and there are others I'd perfer to see getting pushed in his place.

It was bad form that TNA didn't cover all the costs for Konnans surgery, I saw fundraisers for him on a few wrestling sites when really it should have been TNA paying.

I'm just wondering now with Konnan gone we might get a chance to see Prince Nana in TNA. Obviously Nana wouldn't work in LAX but TNA could do with a manager like him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

A little more detail from the torch:

Going into tonight's Impact tapings, there were rumors of some potential blow-ups. Konnan was upset at TNA for what he felt wasn't ample support for his health problems. Ron Killings, who is friends with Konnan, was also unhappy with his pay and status with the company. Both quit before tonight's TV tapings. The potential of Konnan quitting was known before Sunday's PPV and may have been the reason behind LAX jobbing and otherwise not being featured much on the fifth anniversary PPV.

Both Killings and Konnan will work for AAA in Mexico, joining former TNA wrestler Sean Waltman who has been touring there regularly lately.

Konnan in an interview with Alex Marvez on the observer site last week:

Q: There has been more than $14,000 raised for you by wrestling fans to help pay for your medical expenses. How amazing was that to you?

Konnan: “I can tell you this. I’ve known you long enough and you’ve read enough of my interviews. I walk the walk and talk the talk and I’ve always gotten in trouble for that. I’ve always been pretty mad at wrestlers that treat fans like marks, like the fans are beneath them don’t have time to talk to them. We owe everything to them. I saw the checks myself. Some were for $5, $10. Some people sent $1 bills. All I can say is, ‘Wow!’ All the sacrifices I’ve made -- the holidays I’ve missed because I had to work, the times I got screwed over and lied to by promoters -- this made it worth it. The fans came through for me when my own company [TNA] didn’t.”

Q: Can you please clarify that and what exactly has TNA paid for when it came to your hip and kidney ailments?

Konnan: “When I came to TNA, I wasn’t limping. I already had a hip problem from wrestling in Puerto Rico with Carlos Colon. I kept wrestling and it got progressively worse from there. [TNA] said, ‘It didn’t happen on our watch,’ so basically they lent me the money to have the operation and I have to pay it back. With the kidney thing, they said they would help and never did. That’s cool. In the end, other people came through for me.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Konnan was a big reason for LAX being as entertaining as they were. They haven't been the same at all this year, and part of that is because of Konnan being out

I thought Killings was in Russo's good books, I remember reading about how he'd be getting a good push before he got injured. He can be exciting in the ring sometimes, but I wouldn't really miss him much

Nana in TNA would be great though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

wow, of all the guys walking out of TNA because there unhappy, killings wasnt one of them. He's been there from the start, the 2nd ever Champ in the company, bad form on TNA's part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He's a big loss. Konnan was very entertaining on the mic during the recent race storyline involving LAX. LAX will eventually disappear off the radar without him

• Advertisement

They are still a great tag team though, they will probably end up getting re invented, or a Hector Guerrero heel turn might happen soon with him becoming thre new leader of LAX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to see Konnan go. He was a great asset to LAX and could cut one hell of a promo.

As for that joke Ron Killings, let's remind ourselves what he said of John Cena on his Myspace account:
    Just like I told him,, He's a Punk ass,,rap wanna be ME!

Yeah enjoy being a big fish in a little pond Ron, you clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Why couldn't he afford these operations himself? He should have earned a decent amount from wrestling? Has he wasted all his money? If so anyone know how ?

If you got hurt at work and needed surgery would you be willing to pay for it yourself? Not likely!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wouldent want to pay for it myself as the company probably should be liable but i wouldnt start fundraisers ect unless i had squanderd my cash tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Konnan Leaving is a bad thing, but considering how he was treated its understandable.

Couldn't give a crap about Killings.

thegoth wrote:
    Why couldn't he afford these operations himself? He should have earned a decent amount from wrestling? Has he wasted all his money? If so anyone know how ?

Its the wrestling business. Think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I wouldn't say LAX is down the sh*tter to be honest. Homicide is a great worker and Hernandez isn't exactly bad either. So they'll need a new mouthpiece. Konnan isn't the be all and end all when it comes to mic skill. Personally i found him boring in recent months.

VR!

I think you underestimate Konnans effect on the team. Thats not to say the team is not talented.

In any event, much like alot of people in TNA they don't have the momentum they once had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I think you underestimate Konnans effect on the team. Thats not to say the team is not talented.

The problem is Konnan spouting off crap in a wheelchair week after week for months does tend to get a bit boring though.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but they should get Julius Smokes in! I don't think he's doin anything in ROH at the moment. Homicide would be able to carry LAX on the mic, but a manager suits them I think

Advertisement