Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute for butter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think that would be a contradiction in terms. Most margarines aren't much better in terms of fat content, and some you can't use in the same way as butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Just use less or use a little olive oil. As it's not baking, it's not really going to make a difference to the cooking method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most low fat spreads are just oil mixed with gelatine and water, so upon cooking it just turns to water. The only option with butter subs, is to use less, or go for a healthier oil- one with less saturated fats. Some would prefer a scrape of butter rather than a lot of crap tasting low fat spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I would just leave the butter out of that recipe totally. It won't be as butter-licious, but it should work out fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't know, low fat soya/sunflower/etc butter?

• Advertisement
Advertisement