Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a VBAC?

Options
  • 20-06-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Decision time is not too far away. I have to choose between trying a VBAC which ultimately could end in an emergency section anyway or an elective section.

If i had a crystal ball and could see how the VBAC would go i would love to do it that way and be out of hospital the next day and back home with my 7 year old. But i dont know if my body can do it!!

Anyone done it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Hi Trinity1,
    No c-secs here but there's a HUGE thread on the rollercoaster "labour and Birth" board on vbac. Titile is "Is my vbac just a dream" or something like that. In a nutshell the OP went on to have a successful vbac so it is possible. I think it depends a lot on the reasons for the first c-sec.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

littlebug wrote:
    Hi Trinity1,
    No c-secs here but there's a HUGE thread on the rollercoaster "labour and Birth" board on vbac. Titile is "Is my vbac just a dream" or something like that. In a nutshell the OP went on to have a successful vbac so it is possible. I think it depends a lot on the reasons for the first c-sec.

Good luck.

Thanks for that littlebug :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Not a section here either, but my co-worker had a c-section and had a vbac less that 12 months afterwards, and that baby was born at 12lbs!!!!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Evieweavy

I want one but I'm not pregnant yet. I'm like you I'd love the crystal ball to know would I end up with the section anyway though. If I do naturally go into labour I am going to do what I can to prevent c section like not going into hospital until my labour is firmly established. I don't want a 38 week section because I want the baby to have a say if at all possible as to when it will be born :) so hopefully I can hang on and see what happens all the way to 42 weeks when I would happily just go ahead with the section and be done with it.

As I say I'm not pregnant yet but I have given this some thought because the last thing I want is to have a new baby by section and to look after my toddler as well but I think it is as well to keep a reasonably open mind to prevent disappointment.

Advertisement