Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Darkness

• 20-06-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

anyone getting this???, i downloaded the trailer it looks sweet. im going to use the offer they have in game stop. Trade any2 360 games and get any 360 game for 10 blips. good offer i must say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

any 2 360 games? Wouldnt that mean you could buy like two preownedg games for 15-20 euro and trade them back in and still get it cheaper than the price in the shop?

Yea hopefully the game is as good as the graphics. Hoping its good online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

29th is a big day for releases and unfortunately I think I'll give The Darkness a miss. Gonna go for Overlord, Resi 4 and Ninja Gaiden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

Slurms wrote:
    29th is a big day for releases and unfortunately I think I'll give The Darkness a miss. Gonna go for Overlord, Resi 4 and Ninja Gaiden.

i bought overlord on ebay inc poatage it cost 40e!!! i should get it in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

shortys94 wrote:
    any 2 360 games? Wouldnt that mean you could buy like two preownedg games for 15-20 euro and trade them back in and still get it cheaper than the price in the shop?

Yea hopefully the game is as good as the graphics. Hoping its good online.

See the thing is it's not ANY 2 360 games, they have to amount to a certain trade in value. Good old terms and conditions... Yes, one could consider that deceitful...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like a decent shooter from the trailer. Will be giving this a go, based on what the reviews / popular consensus if like, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't Smyths have a trade-in offer? Or is that gone now?

But indeed Slurms, June 29th will be an expensive game day, The Darkness will definitely be on my list for that day.

Holy crap just after watching the trailer for The Darkness. God damn it, now I have to buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Yeah, the latest trailer looks savage, going on holidays on the 1st, so will probably buy this when I come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

It's made by the guys who did Chronicle of Riddick, no? That was a surprisingly good game, along the same FPS vein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea it is made by the same guys.

• Advertisement

Wow! Can't believe I was considering giving this a miss. Hmm maybe Overlord can wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ah was really impressed with the trailer also, finally the drought is over. Loads of decent looking stuff arriving in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

calex71 wrote:
    ah was really impressed with the trailer also, finally the drought is over. Loads of decent looking stuff arriving in the next few weeks.
    what else are ya thinking is decent looking over the next few weeks in your opinion mate?

yup saw the new trailer and and in-game trailer also and have to say it looks savage, the gunplay reminds me alot of half life 2,especially the sound of guns and the hollow atmospheric noise that is in indoor environments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

what else are ya thinking is decent looking over the next few weeks in your opinion mate?

yup saw the new trailer and and in-game trailer also and have to say it looks savage, the gunplay reminds me alot of half life 2,especially the sound of guns and the hollow atmospheric noise that is in indoor environments.

go back to your ps3 board!

Dublin1983 wrote:
    go back to your ps3 board!
    think ya might have forgotten to input a 'stick out tongue icon' there dublin1983

either that or explain your frame of referance?

JUST had a look at your other posts on the ps3 board 'ironically'(i've never posted there btw), you need to grow up BIG TIME!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055108886

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055109746

Handbags down lads, we're talking about The Darkness here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Freeman, just ignore him, he's either a fanboy or a troll (neither are good).

Slurms is no longer Slurms? Shocking.

In other news:
    http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3160484
    9/10

Reviews from magazines so far have similar scores, according to the folks on EG.

koneko wrote:

In other news:
    9/10

Reviews from magazines so far have similar scores, according to the folks on EG.

cheers koneko

just in a particular bad mood today, normally water of a ducks back;)

thats a very promising score, can't wait!, cheers for that:D

(i don't know what either a fanboy or troll are by the way:p )

koneko wrote:

In other news:
    9/10

Aye felt a change would be a laugh. Zapp Brannigan is cooler though!

Reviews look promising alright. But it's only what you'd expect from Starbreeze after Riddick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Am actively looking foward to this now, especially since the Riddick guys are behind it.
    Now, if only someone gave me a job before next Friday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Started playing it last night and I have to say it's brilliant. The whole atmosphere and storyline in the game makes it one to look out for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My god that looks ace:eek:
    Not a big fan of fps on consoles, but I think I'll be making an exception for this one...

kensutz wrote:
    Started playing it last night and I have to say it's brilliant. The whole atmosphere and storyline in the game makes it one to look out for

wow!....didn't think it was out yet!

It's not ;)

;):D niiiice!
    kensutz wrote:
    It's not ;)

One of the few games I'm looking forward to this year. The trailer and demo are both astonishing to watch and play, plus the great Mike Patton is voicing the darkness.

Best way to play it is through 5.1 speakers and loud in the middle of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

One of the few games I'm looking forward to this year. The trailer and demo are both astonishing to watch and play, plus the great Mike Patton is voicing the darkness.
    Is the demo up now on xbox live??????????????

• Advertisement

No

Advertisement