Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Darkness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

just ordered that Transformers game off videogames+, good spot!

Tried to get Overlord in a seperate order afterwards, but it kept telling me it was a duplicate order and it had been cancelled, must have to wait a while before ordering again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

tman wrote:
    Ordered the asian version from play-asia, hopefully there won't be any problems with it...
    I need to stop buying so many damn games!

Asian version is not region free afaik. The NTSC-U version is region free and not the NTSC-J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

just ordered that Transformers game off videogames+, good spot!

Only got 5/10 on ign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Anyone actually played the Darkness yet? 1st impressions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah I did if you read the thread in pages 2 or 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

kensutz wrote:
    Asian version is not region free afaik. The NTSC-U version is region free and not the NTSC-J
    Can't seem to find anything to confirm that...
    I'm gonna take a gamble and keep my order placed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Tman, I'd recommed cancelling your NTSC-J order and either waiting for
    play-asia to stock a PAL-Asia/PAL-Euro version or just order the Play-Asia
    NTSC-USA/Canada version. If any version is region locked it's likely to be
    the NTSC-J one, depends on how much of a gamble you are willing to take ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

anywere selling this early..????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anyone got some prices yet? Smyths is a bit too far to walk :(

Mainly looking for Game and Virgin pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

€60 in Virgin, for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gonna pick this up after work tonight, though it's going to have to be something special to drag me away from RE4 Wii.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think Ill pick this up in town tomorrow. If anyone sees any decent prices, let us know.

DIRT is giving me ''unable to read disc'' every 4/5 races think its trade in time.C'Mon The Darkness weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Any two Xbox 360 games gives you the Darkness for free in Xtravision...Noice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Gizzle wrote:
    Any two Xbox 360 games gives you the Darkness for free in Xtravision...Noice.

Any two?? Is there no terms and conditions like a minimum price of both games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

GStormcrow wrote:
    Any two?? Is there no terms and conditions like a minimum price of both games?

Well, all Xbox360 games including the "Platinum" range, are in and around the €50 - €80 bracket anyway, so I don't see why not. I'm only going on the radio ad at the mo' but I'll be popping in to my local Xtravision to ch-ch-check irrout after work, will let ye know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Its 60 in smyths, well according to website, so 54 with card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Got it earlier. Seems good, not mad about the aiming end of things but storywise its following the comic pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

What bull, I wnt into smyths just there and one employee didnt know they even had the game in and the other said its sold out. But the website says its in stock in the store. Would they have some in the back?

Is there any money I can get from them for this mistake:)?????

Played it a little bit,seems good so far not mad on the main guy ,AI seems a bit easy also but the style is cool kind of a mix of deus ex and legacy of kain..or something.worth a play tru id say.

• Advertisement

Im being made watch to kill a mocking bird in-game! I cant get up and leave!!!!WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's €60 in hmv.

Great game btw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played this for a few hours last night. Its great fun, not tried MP yet, will get to that soon. Love the Darkness powers and eating your enemies hearts is mad. Overall enjoying the game so far. The AI is a it stupid as other have pointed out, only playing on medium however, but from reviews I don't think the AI improves much however. Still overall the game is good fun.

Its official, im addicted.

I'll echo you on the aiming bombidol. not too mad about it but I only played it for half an hour last night. Will give it a proper bash tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gave it a very brief whirl there and loved the opening (these guys really have a flair for 'interactive', Half Life Style openings - Chronicles of Riddick also had a terrific one). But there was too much going on around the house so couldnt really give it the proper attention. Will give it a good proper trial tonight or tomorrow.

Im totally stuck! In the waterworks place, said I have to empty the water container or something. cant find it anywhere. CRAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Go up the stairs, there are two rooms up there with valves. One you turn, the other it says you need power, and that's when you discover another darkling, use it to destroy the lights and it'll turn on the power and you can turn the other valve. Then go back downstairs and through the door.

Okay just played the
    hell level
    and got the
    Darkness Guns
    . Kinda getting into this now, but still not a big fan of the aiming. Also I'm getting annoyed by the fact that Jackie gets stuck by the teensiest items on the ground.

• Advertisement

Nice one!
    Yeah the getting stuck thing pisses me off big time. Little bit buggy but hopefully the patch will sort that out.

Advertisement