Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Darkness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

realy enjoying this game tottally emerst in it , doing ok with the aiming but it keeps shaking for no reason nice and gory thought i cant help playing it and wishing there was a game with out great big heart eating demons and just a straight foward mafia story that you could believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

bombidol wrote:
    Nice one!
    Yeah the getting stuck thing pisses me off big time. Little bit buggy but hopefully the patch will sort that out.
    Are they working on a patch already? Cool beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Just guessing, im thinkin we should have one in a week or two when word gets around. probably have it completed by then though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Just finished the game and i have to say i loved it. There is one horrible bit with a drill near the end. Its sick:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

See the thing is it's not ANY 2 360 games, they have to amount to a certain trade in value. Good old terms and conditions... Yes, one could consider that deceitful...

It actually is ANY 2 360, I have used this offer a few times. There is actually no hidden amount terms in there at all. Even 360 games that have gone to the classic range can be used in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

went into my local xtravision and didn't see any sign of this offer? Are you sure it's on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

went into my local xtravision and didn't see any sign of this offer? Are you sure it's on?

It's for Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

It is not any 2 games.
    In xtra vision the trade in value of your games must come to 50 euro and you will get the Darkness for free.

In gamestop it is 40 Euro and you get it for a tenner.

The xtravision deal is better mind, cause they offer more money for trade ins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played for a couple of hours now, and I am loving it. I would go as far as saying it is the most interesting 360 game I have played. It really does succeed at doing something different with the genre. The Chronicles of Riddick influence is very strong (including the little cut scenes during certain moments, such as ladder climbing), but that is a good thing. And the graphics are stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Great game, visuals are stunning. I loved the intro in the car, looked pretty cool with the credits rolling while it was going throught the paces.

Reminds me of half life 2 in some way, expecially with the carklings jumping at you in multiplayer, like those things in half life that jump at you.

Anyway I also heard the patch will be released next week and is supposed to fix the multiplayer problems too, I.E. the lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Im about half way through id say and after a shakey start im starting to love it,The voice acting is top notch and the story is sweet.Probly get the comic after iv finished it.Not mad on the shotgun in the game its crap,kamakazie daklings rock!!

RAIN wrote:
    Im about half way through id say and after a shakey start im starting to love it,The voice acting is top notch and the story is sweet.Probly get the comic after iv finished it.Not mad on the shotgun in the game its crap,kamakazie daklings rock!!

Ah yea, but you cant really expect using a better shotgun in a game after youve played gears.

Must say Mike Patton is brilliant in it. I'd expect nothing less from him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Just finished it. Great game, few flaws, but what game doesn't. Definitely recommend it.

Does anyone else think Jackie looks a bit like Kevin Spacey?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not all that impressed. Will play a bit further before I pass judgement since I've only really started.

Enjoying it now stuck in the War part in the village .

Why the hell do you get stuck on little bits of rock etc on the ground very annoying . And the map isnt great but in fairness thats very littl eto complain about .

the getting stuck thing is pretty much my ONLY complaint. And I couldnt find the dude who was watching Shrotes place to kill him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Remember where Shrotes place is? Where the old guy is who gives you the kill and tells you to get the lift up. Outside, around that building, you'll see an open window. Send your crawling darkness in to kill the guy. Took me a while to find that one too, I kept trying to find some way onto the roof, lol.

rockin. Im actually well past that part but might go back and see if its still doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Spiffing game, cleared it yesterday. Some annoying glitches though, such as side missions that just lock up and can't be cleared (..Chicago Thugs in Grinder's Lane...Er, where?) I started a replay on Hard today and spent about an hour just watching "Man With the Golden Arm" on a telly in the construction site. MP is horrendously laggy when I tried it, anyone else experiencing that?

• Advertisement

Yea, as I said in a preivous post, the patch expected next week is supposedly meant to fix that.

A rumour I heard was that it was due to people downloading the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Okay I'm stuck...

In the City Hall subway... where the pipes fall down from the roof and the trip wire triggers some poison gas.

Any one any suggestions?

Okay I'm stuck...

In the City Hall subway... where the pipes fall down from the roof and the trip wire triggers some poison gas.

Any one any suggestions?
    Use you're Darkness power with the arm, and lift a box up and cover the grate where the gas is coming from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place this can be bought online? Cheers

Finished it last night. Good fun, maybe a little short. Multiplayer isnt great at the moment.

bombidol wrote:
    Finished it last night. Good fun, maybe a little short. Multiplayer isnt great at the moment.

Allready , im in hell in the village with out ruining any of the game for me is there much left im hoping so seems liek ive only just started but ive put down a good 8 solid hours on it allready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Darkness guns......sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Playing for the past few days on and off and Im loving it! :D Savage game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Played it for around 2 hours last night and I think its a bit 'meh'. Graphcis are great, the presentation is v.impressive. I liked the opening bit with the car and the cu scenes are done v.well but... the bad guys are generic, the AI is pretty bad, the aiming is all over the place and so far, the different areas all seem v.similar. The darkness powers seem a bit tacked on as well.

Should I keep playing, does it get better ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The AI never gets above basic and I never had trouble with the aiming (adjust it in advanced menu in options) but you go to some very different areas and the later darkness powers are much more useable in combat. You should stick with it, but I was loving it since the start :D

Advertisement