Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horror of North Korea

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

"Kim Jong Il is a psychopathic lunatic who is systematically starving his people while brainwashing them into treating him as some kind of living deity

he is probably the worst dictator alive in the world today and is a serious threat to regional and world security"

that's pretty much the jist of any balanced reporting on the subject mono. I have no idea what 'point' you are trying to make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

"Kim Jong Il is a psychopathic lunatic who is systematically starving his people while brainwashing them into treating him as some kind of living deity

I don't know about lunatic but everything else yep. Hes also incredibly intelligent.
    he is probably the worst dictator alive in the world today and is a serious threat to regional and world security"

Worst dictator alive, probably. One of the worst anyways.
    Threat to world security, possible but extremely doubtful.

Threat to regional security, depends. Most South Korean people aren't that worried about Kims nuclear tests. Relations between NK and SK are hardly friendly but war isn't likely to break out either.

NK and SK have started co-operating on industry at various levels including tourism and manufacturing.
    that's pretty much the jist of any balanced reporting on the subject mono. I have no idea what 'point' you are trying to make

The point i'm trying to make is a lot of the "facts" we're listening to are being fed to us. Bit like Saddam and the WMD's to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

monosharp wrote:
    Bit like Saddam and the WMD's to be honest.
    WTF??!! Did you not look at the video link Sand posted up?
    You're choosing to swim against the tide of logic and common sense, which makes you, pretty much, a troll

And it very much is black and white in this particular case.
    wes wrote:
    It doesn't compare. There is not enough food for anyone, we are talking 3rd world poverty due to there idiot leader. The US lack of health care is messed up, especially for a 1st world country, but North Korea is in another league of bad. Being poor in the US sucks to be sure, but in North Korea almost everyone is poor and things are far far worse.
    And it's starvation and deprivation that is imposed on people by the regime, which is worse again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The point i'm trying to make is a lot of the "facts" we're listening to are being fed to us. Bit like Saddam and the WMD's to be honest.

Which is an entirely seperate topic. The issue at hand is the humantian crisis in North Korea if you want to write a paper about simple minded souls such as ourseleves being hookwinked by the meeeeeeja then do so on a fresh thread. Over on media/news

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Dudess wrote:
    And it's starvation and deprivation that is imposed on people by the regime, which is worse again.

Very true that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lets invade them less will die if we do, we might aswell do sudan at the same time

Advertisement