Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Aftermath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I did the questions 1, 3, 5 and question 6. And there's my A1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I thought it was ok, not easy though

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I thought it was horrible. Didn't like the supply question although i got market and individual supply, think i got my part be and c right. prefect competition was fine except part c- i drew the graph from monopoly i think and made up some crap. labour i made up plenty of bull, only knew the definitions and only knew half the national income. shorts were dodgy enough, i'd say i got a C1 if I'm very very lucky and I got a B in my pre :( that's my 1st choice gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Higher: Lovely exam, I say at least a B1 which i badly needed for my course.
    Section A: Nice, 16 markers were much easier, could not remember economic rent one and did not fully understand the true or false question
    Did 1: weird
    2: Nice
    3: Even nicer
    4: B looked easier than it turned out to be, kept getting mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Higher: Lovely exam, I say at least a B1 which i badly needed for my course.
    Section A: Nice, 16 markers were much easier, could not remember economic rent one and did not fully understand the true or false question
    Did 1: weird
    2: Nice
    3: Even nicer
    4: B looked easier than it turned out to be, kept getting mixed up.
    For the ER short question I gave people with rare talents and people with demanded skills during a labour shortage as examples (I obviously elaborated on them in the exam).Also the true false/question was asked before in a previous exam, although with a different example.Basically its false because the firm could have sold the offices for money, and so the money that would have been made from the sale of the offices is the oppurtunity cost.The firm could also have used to office to throw a big nationwide party, and the party is also the OC.Anything like that will get you the marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ron-burgandy

Left out the last part of Q2 even though i knew the answer. Saw it when I first glanced through the paper but never answered it, and with no extra question to back me up that's me down a grade.

Bollocks....

I wrote bout 3 fullscap for each question,

Well you were hardly going to write on any other sized paper... :p

Left out the last part of Q2 even though i knew the answer. Saw it when I first glanced through the paper but never answered it, and with no extra question to back me up that's me down a grade.

Bollocks....
    Did anyone do an extra question? I'd be surprised if anyone found the time! I only barely managed to finish on time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Did anyone do an extra question? I'd be surprised if anyone found the time! I only barely managed to finish on time!

same here... figured I'd get to do an extra one, not a hope with the time given. The micro questions seemed to take a good bit of time to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I just about got everything done with about 5 minutes to spare,If someone managed to get an extra question done, I would say that they'll actually get a lower result than if they just did 4, because each question takes so much time to get full marks in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

For the economic rent question I said an employee with high MRP(Similar to someone above who said an employee with good skills) and any bonus derived from land is an economic rent considering it has 0 supply price.

Did Q1 Q2 and the national income and international trade questions.

I said for the relationship between firm supply and market supply something along the lines of: As price gos up the firm supplys more(Drew law of supply diagram) but as all firms in the market supply more the price falls again which makes them cut back on supply to original(Drew market demand and supply diagram). Elaborated a lot mroe but thats the drift of it. Sound ok to you guys? Never seen that Q before so wasn't sure.

And someone said about the international trade a part that it as hard to elaborate. It was hard to but I don't think you had to elaborate much considering there were 2 main definitions, and 7 sub definitions (4 in current and 3 in capital) which having one line+ 1 or 2 examples each should get full marks. Never saw that b part but said it effects Imports+exports, Intrest on nat debt and private capital.

Used my teachers definitions for current and capital which were: Current- INflow/outflow of money from buying/selling goods/services with rest of world. Capital: Replace goods/services with capital goods from before.

A challanging exam but fair. Saw the lack of elasticity and thought "Controversy!"

I just about got everything done with about 5 minutes to spare,If someone managed to get an extra question done, I would say that they'll actually get a lower result than if they just did 4, because each question takes so much time to get full marks in.

QFT. Anyone who did an extra question must have really slacked on elaboration on all other questions. Especcially due to the lack of mathematical questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 theprizelamb

Hi All

This has nothing to do with the exam so dont shoot me! Thinking of teaching next year. Just want to know did ye all have a specific Economics teacher or a general business teacher which included economics? If he you had a specific economics teacher what else did he/she teach?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Hi All

This has nothing to do with the exam so dont shoot me! Thinking of teaching next year. Just want to know did ye all have a specific Economics teacher or a general business teacher which included economics? If he you had a specific economics teacher what else did he/she teach?
    There was just one economics teacher in our school, he also though JC business, JC Geogarphy and LC Business. There was three other business teachers but none of them thought economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Feddd, was there not a question on the current government budget and the capital government budget?? Or was that another question entirely?

Feddd, was there not a question on the current government budget and the capital government budget?? Or was that another question entirely?

Current govt and capital govt budgets come under international trade as a topic, not goverment. But I spose you could look at it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i dont know what happened to me but this was an absoullutely terrible paper.

i had the presure on me from the start entering into this paper ( economics student of the year and all)

i f*****ed up the short questions, i even think i got the price elasticity question wrong.

i did the:

demand and supply question: the last part of this questionn was great the other parts were crap.

i did the:

perfect competition question, price taker= easy, sr equilibrium=easy, going from sr to longrun= easy enough, product differentiation not that sure on but i think i got it.
    the last bloody part of this question i hope to god it was imperfect competition.

i then did the labour question, i found this question really weird. first to parts werent that bad, but i messed up the last part badly.

i then did the national income question.

a part 1, im sure everybody would agree wit me when i say beautiful, should that have even been on an honours paper

a part 2 wasnt that bad

part b was great

part c?????????? what the hell were they thinking when they put on a question in a national income question about ldcs, im baffled.

overall it was a pretty ****ty paper.

its been a good while since i posted on this site
    i was to annoyed by that economics paper.

regards

regob

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

thank **** i'm not alone!! i was really counting on it. it's ruined my leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

agreed

Advertisement