Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New rules of the road book

Options
  • 20-06-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

So anyway, the new rules of the road book is to be used for anyone taking the test from 18th June: The problem is it's 200 odd pages long:eek:

I'm doing my car test this Friday & called up Mayo to find out if I have to go through the motor cyclist rules etc... & was informed I could be asked anything from the book ~ but the girl didn't sound too sure:(

Has anyone here done the car test in the last three days and if so, have you been asked questions that applied to rules of the road for motorcyclists, cyclists or pedestrians?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 9th

There are rules of the road for pedestrians? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Section 18 of ROTR is for pedestrians. It gives dos and don'ts for crossing the road (like never cross in front of a stopped bus), taking care around trams and info about zebra crossings and traffic islands etc. Common sense stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Did the test yesterday and the rules of the road q i was asked were the old rules as far as i know.

Apparently the new ROTR books were meant to have been posted out to every address by now and havent been so thats why they cant ask q from the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

RedorDead wrote:
    the new ROTR books were meant to have been posted out to every address by now and havent been so thats why they cant ask q from the book.
    I would have thought that anyone who is serious about road safety, learning to drive or doing a driving test could come up with the €4 to buy a copy and not wait for handouts from a nanny state! :confused:

The old editions were not posted out to all addresses yet they had no problem asking questions from those. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

I would have thought that anyone who is serious about road safety, learning to drive or doing a driving test could come up with the €4 to buy a copy and not wait for handouts from a nanny state! :confused:

The old editions were not posted out to all addresses yet they had no problem asking questions from those. :confused:

Agreed. Just telling you what my instructor told me though.

I downloaded them just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement