Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and order: Double or nothing banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I can see why this was banned and rightly so. Law and Order is set in the US, so why refer to a UK kidnapping in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What? It's not banned at all.

They had an image of James Bulger, his mother complained, they withdrew the game themselves (in the UK) rather than taking the image out, because it's an old game (2003!) and no one is buying it anyway. No banning going on there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

where does it say it was banned?
    why should it be banned fopr the use of an image?

i agree using the image was inappropriate, although it probably came from google images since there doesnt seem to be any reference between it and the game.
    doest mean it should be banned tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

They just had two guys on sky sports debating it and manhunt, the policitician kept saying they should all be banned, manhunt, resistence and law of order, tbh it seems rockstar have opened a floodgate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

koneko wrote:
    What? It's not banned at all.

They had an image of James Bulger, his mother complained, they withdrew the game themselves (in the UK) rather than taking the image out, because it's an old game (2003!) and no one is buying it anyway. No banning going on there at all.
    i was wondering how they got jerry orbach to do the voiceover...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

but hardly worthy of banning, as some commentators are suggesting.

The media seem to be seriously struggling with games having any adult content at all. The whole point of the Law & Order game is to prevent and solve crime ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's not banned, nothing of the sort. They just decided to withdraw it themselves as they probably thought it wasn't worth the effort to change anything and put up with controvery. This game is old. Poor timing considering the BBFC/Manhunt 2 thing, but this is completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I said it wasn't worthy of banning, despite what some commentators are saying.

I think it's rather ironic that this is taking all the wack away from the actual banning of ManHunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

With all this buzz about Manhunt (even the Metro had it on the front page) anything game related is being bumped as BIG news. All they have to do is just change the image in-game to something more palatable... like a train crash or a corpse or two.

Change the guys tie while they're at it.

Advertisement