Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International calls with mobiles

Options
  • 20-06-2007 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

This may have been covered before.

I now have a need to make frequent & sometimes long international calls when out of the office and nearly dies at o2's €1.77 / min to Oz!!

Checked around and found Blueface now have a mobile option.

Set up an account - dial a dublin number & then dial the international number. Oz is 2c a minute!!!

Took 2 minutes to set up - bloody brilliant!

www.blueface.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

You might also look at Voipcheap and 13434.ie

Voipcheap's sms callback might be interesting for pay-as-you-go users

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Even better from a landline is www.telesavers.ie Many international calls are at local rates. And if you are on a talk package that includes unlimited local calls then you get unlimited international calls. No need to sign up for anything, just ring the access number. My landline bill dropped drastically and I can chat for hours on end for free to my better half in Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Briallant links... thanks! :)

But anyone know a super-cheap way to use your mobile when abroad? Does it exist?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sudzs wrote:
    Briallant links... thanks! :)

But anyone know a super-cheap way to use your mobile when abroad? Does it exist?!
    the best on pre pay i find is vodafone passport. its 79c to connect a call whether making or receiving and then the same rates as in ireland, ie normal rates to call, nothing to receive

for texts, AFT. 2c or thereabouts for texts

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Oz is 2c a minute

That price is in addition to whatever price you pay to make a call to an irish landline from your mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

JNive wrote:
    That price is in addition to whatever price you pay to make a call to an irish landline from your mobile.

Yes - but I don't use half the "free" minutes I use. And it works out dramatically cheaper than direct dialling from the mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

GUIGuy wrote:
    Even better from a landline is www.telesavers.ie Many international calls are at local rates. And if you are on a talk package that includes unlimited local calls then you get unlimited international calls. No need to sign up for anything, just ring the access number. My landline bill dropped drastically and I can chat for hours on end for free to my better half in Malaysia.

You must ring an 1890 or similar number (depends on the call destination) - these numbers are not included in any free local / national call packages - though it is still great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Dometelecom is an option for O2
    http://www.dometelecom.ie/?cid=176

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

the best on pre pay i find is vodafone passport. its 79c to connect a call whether making or receiving and then the same rates as in ireland, ie normal rates to call, nothing to receive

Nothing to receive, warning, up to the 59th minute! Then you should hang up and start again (79c + nothing until the next 59th minute).

JNive wrote:

So this system requires you to pay to call the Dublin number plus something you have to pay blueface? Dear God, my system in the north pays *me* to use it......which in turn pays for my N95 contract!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

mcaul wrote:
    This may have been covered before.

I now have a need to make frequent & sometimes long international calls when out of the office and nearly dies at o2's €1.77 / min to Oz!!

Checked around and found Blueface now have a mobile option.

Set up an account - dial a dublin number & then dial the international number. Oz is 2c a minute!!!

Took 2 minutes to set up - bloody brilliant!

www.blueface.ie

2 minutes??? :confused:

I registered half an hour ago and still waiting with baited breath for me email with the access code.... :(

Edited to say just got it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

not sure where to put this. I need to give my number to a contact abroad who will be be contacting me shortly. what is the international dialling number for ringing an irish mobile phone number. Will it be +353 and then 085xxxxxxx

Shane St. wrote: »
    not sure where to put this. I need to give my number to a contact abroad who will be be contacting me shortly. what is the international dialling number for ringing an irish mobile phone number. Will it be +353 and then 085xxxxxxx

No, it's +35385xxxxxxx.

Advertisement