Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyprus Challenge 29 Nov to 2nd Dec 07

• 20-06-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

After reading the article / competition about the Cyprus Challenge in the current issue of Irish Runner I logged on to their website www.Cypruschallenge.com This is a serious event - 4 days of racing in a row! At least the weather should be OK! I might be crazy but I have entered the competition to win a free place on the trip. One can also enter the race online or get entry forms from Cyprus Tourist Office in Dublin.

Is there anyone else thinking of doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yes I am half thinking of doing it if I win!
    My in laws have a villa out there and I am just back from 16 excellent days in the sun. I did part take in some speedy training runs (5 10ks and an 8 miler) while there.
    Hope to go for a week again in Sept.
    Weather in early Dec can be expected in early 20's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 drollab

Thanks for that I have been looking in to training facilities and they are quiet impressive. Getting away and training in the sun must be very enjoyable. I read on some site that the British Olympic team used CYprus as a base before the Athens Olympics.

I'll get cracking on my training for the challenge, it looks very tough, can anyone give me ideas of what type of training I should be doing. I've never done a half marathon but I like the idea of the different terrains and distances. The weather might even be warmer there in Dec than it is here now!!

Thanks

Drollab

Advertisement