Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Rules

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think another button, like the report post button, would be very useful for reporting sigs.

It could generate a post to a new "Reported Signature" thread and at the same time send an email to the offender telling them that their sig is out of order and quoting the current sig rules. The reporter could also be sent a confirmation email. The reporter should not be identified to the offender.

This would have the benefit of making sure everyone gets a fair warning and the person who made the report can remain anonymous to the offender, unless of course the offender has access to the "Reported Sigs" thread in the Mod Forum. This shouldn't be a problem as mods should know better.

I'm suggesting this because I think there can be a problem with users directly PMing other users on behalf of SigPo. It can lead to a certain amount of resentment as in "Who are you to tell me what to do? F off and mind your own business".

My 2c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I must say this is the strangest fight tha powah cause I've seen in a while, kearnsr. It's simple enough: you didn't just break one rule, you broke a few. Now, I know that there's a certain amount of leeway in the rules, but generally if you break a few, you will find your sig removed.

It wasnt about fighting the power.

I was trying to figure out why it was removed.

As I said I've no problem redoing the sig. Understanding the sig rules in another story.

i hadnt realised I broke a few rules so fair enough it was removed. But its a case of monkey see monkey do when the rules are all over the place.

The report sig rule button sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hagar wrote:
    The reference forbidding centred sigs may be found here under SYS > Newbies & FAQ > Signature Rules as per Cloud.

It may have been me who mentioned this to RoundyMooney at some stage. AFAIK it is still in effect.

It was, and thanks to those who clarified it in this thread.

To relate to your point about reporting sigs, I think the new vBulletin version will only allow sigs that conform to certain guidelines, so that should help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

thread.

To relate to your point about reporting sigs, I think the new vBulletin version will only allow sigs that conform to certain guidelines, so that should help.

so if your sig doesnt conform it doesnt display?

That would be the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I *think* that you just can't upload it in the first place.

A few people here are running their own BBs with an updated vB.

One of them may know better than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We'll upgrade soon, once we've finished the new architecture

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sigrules.gif
    The requested URL /sigrules was not found on this server.
    :D

I'm sure its just a minor hiccup, but funny.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's been the case since the new servers were brought in. The solution is to put the link directly to the thread in question.

Unfortunately, doing that would mean that the above image would be against the sigrules. I've been hoping that the lads might get a chance to update the link at some stage.

Advertisement