Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different A+ exams

Options
  • 20-06-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have myself booked in for the A+ Essentials exam next week and I'm trying to decide which other exam to go for.

Can anyone give any advice as to how much weight employers will put on which one I've taken? I'd say I'm most likely to end up with a phone type job somewhere, so I'm probably going to do the "Remote Support Technician", but the "IT Technician" one looks a bit more balanced.

Any advice one way or another? It probably doesnt matter much but for 340 euro I'd like to get as much as I can out of these certs...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Well I just booked in for Remote Support Technician there in case anyone is wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Go for it buddy.

I did the IT Tech, but I don't think it really matters that much, as there's much overlap between the different modules, and also this is only a very basic qualification. I think most employers, if they're going to take you on without experience, will initially base their decision on the A+ in general, and then try you out to see how you go.

Advertisement