Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A joke for people aged 23 - 29

Options
  • 20-06-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Well, everyone will get it, but it will make more sense to people in a certain age bracket.

A guy goes into a bar with three ducks under his arm. He puts the ducks on the table and gets a pint. It is only about two in the afternoon, and the place is empty. The guy sips his drink quietly and reads the paper. The bartender was a bit concerned that the ducks would crap on the table or something, but they are just sitting there, not moving.
    Anyway, after about ten minutes, the guy heads into the jacks. The bartender looks at the first duck and says:
    "Excuse me sir, what is your name?"
    The duck replies "Hello. I'm Hughie."
    Bartender: "Are you having a good day Hughie?"
    Hughie: "Man, I've been having a great day. I've been in and out of puddles all day long."
    Bartender: "Well keep it up!"

He then turns to the second duck, and says: "And what's your name buddy?"
    Duck: "I'm Dewie, nice to meet you."
    Bartender: "Are you having a good day, Dewie?"
    Dewie: "Just like my mate here, I've been in and out of puddles all day long."
    Bartender: "That's great!"

He turns to the third duck: "Let me guess; you've got to be Louie, right?"
    Duck: "No. I'm Puddles. Don't ask me about my f*cking day!"

I am pretty much the funniest man that has ever lived.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

One gold star awarded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Why is the guy in the joke?
    Since the three ducks can talk, I'm presuming they can walk into a bar by themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Oriel wrote:
    Why is the guy in the joke?
    Since the three ducks can talk, I'm presuming they can walk into a bar by themselves?
    That is a very good point actually. I may adjust my telling of it in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

only ok

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and why the age bracket? my brother read it and he's 27 and i'm 21, he didn't find it anymore humourous/or made more sense to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Think the man ... and the paper was a bit of a killer ... for it ..

The version I heard before ...

A duck walks into a bar with a big grin on his face and says to the barman give me a pint ...

The barman says ... "You look happy ..."

The duck replies .. "Happy why I've been in and out of puddles all day I'm feeling great ... "

and so on ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

forbairt wrote:
    Think the man ... and the paper was a bit of a killer ... for it ..

The version I heard before ...

A duck walks into a bar with a big grin on his face and says to the barman give me a pint ...

The barman says ... "You look happy ..."

The duck replies .. "Happy why I've been in and out of puddles all day I'm feeling great ... "

and so on ....

Yeah told like this it would of worked better, still liked it though.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm 35. I'm having difficulty getting the punchline. Please help. A diagram would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Cremo wrote:
    and why the age bracket? my brother read it and he's 27 and i'm 21, he didn't find it anymore humourous/or made more sense to him.
    People in that age bracket are more likely to be familiar with the Ducktales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Gold Star!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Maximilian wrote:
    I'm 35. I'm having difficulty getting the punchline. Please help. A diagram would be nice.
    Thats because of the way the joke was told. Ive heard versions of it with a proper punch line and can assure you it is possible to make it funny

Advertisement