Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wave Power

• 20-06-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Took myself down to Caliso Bay near Youghal this morning and got this:

575328269_648244854b_o.jpg

Canon 20D, Canon 400mm f/5.6, 400ISO, 1/1000 sec@f/10.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

hehe just posted to this on Flickr!
    Its great, I love the layers and textures in this. Interesting sense of varied light as well, and nicely broken up with the contrast of the rocks! Great work!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks like it would make a good demotivation poster! Especially with that frame.

Seriously tho, thats quite a dramatic picture. A bit too much whiteness for me but thats water for you. Could use a bit of burning in some detail in the foreground perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great shot, so much energy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

I have tried to find that bay a few times over the years. Do you take the turn for Whiting Bay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

You're only a cissy John. I was expecting to see that it was taken with a 24mm or that ilk and that you risked life and limb and got soaked but it was a 400mm and you were in the pub with a pint looking out the window! So disappointing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

corkdave wrote: »
    I have tried to find that bay a few times over the years. Do you take the turn for Whiting Bay?

No. Coming from Youghal on the N25 take the Clashmore turn off but then turn left rather than right (which would bring you to Clashmore). You will be heading south. Follow the road all the way. After a mile or so you will come to a cross roads - left towards Whiting Bay, right towards Ferrypoint (looking across at Youghal). Go straight on (there's a sharp left turn after a half mile) and after a couple of miles you will come to Caliso Bay. There is a steep hill heading down to it but there is plenty of room to park at the bottom.

Regards,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkdave

Thanks John.
    Great photo by the way.
    Dave.

Advertisement