Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom???

Options
  • 20-06-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey im wonderin can anyone help?

I got eircom BB about 2 or more months ago, but my roommates are now deciding to move out and i am gettin screwed with the eircom bill! i know with eircom the minimum contract is 6months. But im wondering do they charge a large fee if you cancel before then? i think i remember reading that they will charge for the remaining months rental if you are thinkin of breaking the contract, is this true?

Also is there a loophole like in some mobile phone operators that if you lodge 3 complaints to the company over a certain period, you are allowed to cancel the subscirption without paying the remaining money owed?? because in fairness i paid for a 2mb line but when downloadnig of the usenet i'm only gettin 60-70kpbs, where i used to get 212kpbs when on my old BT 2mb package! if i complain about this 3 times and they dont fix it, could i be entitled to cancel???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I cancelled eircom about 2 years ago to move to Smart. I had about 4 months left out of a 12 month contract (which was normal back then)

I never got charged a cancellation fee

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

They sometimes charge you a months cancellation fee I cancelled mine when I moved out of Galway and it was 150euro to cancel it.

Advertisement