Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yore Ma

Options
  • 20-06-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that this is getting a bit out of hand? Its on nearly every thread in AH and some other forums now. Usd in the right context its funny but its just getting annoying now tbh.

And yeah, I've little to be worrying about :p

/waits for some yore ma joke or some intricate combination of a yore ma joke and a cat picture with an atari jaguar option.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yore ma thinks its funny :) Just messin, agree with ya that its going a bit overboard now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Out of hand? No. I don't see how it's a problem. Yore Ma comments are innocuous enough to go unnoticed, they're practically part of the scenery now.

What exactly do you want to be about it? Ban utterances of Yore Ma?

Just ignore it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Nope it just gets funnier each time. I also like "Yer ma".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its getting a bit more than innocuous I think. But yeah I suppose I could just ignore it....but thats no fun ;)

cson wrote:
    Its getting a bit more than innocuous I think.

How so? Show us instances where it's something said vindictively or malisciously?

Otherwise it's just an innocuous comment. Someone saw an opportunity to say a 'Yore Ma' and took it.

• Advertisement

No not maliciously or anything, just more frequent really is what I mean't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What about yore ma's yore da instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Every grouping has it's catch phrases, 'yore Ma' and Atari jaguar are boards.

cson wrote:
    No not maliciously or anything, just more frequent really is what I mean't.

What does the frequency matter really? If one utterance of Yore Ma doesn't offend, then how does 5? It's pretty much confined to After Hours for the most part, why not explore more of boards than that intellectual drainage ditch? Who knows, you might actually find more intelligent and indepth conversation than 'Yore Ma' and Atari Jaguar.

Ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

YORE MA is part of the history of boards.

BE PROUD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Out of hand? No. I don't see how it's a problem. Yore Ma comments are innocuous enough to go unnoticed, they're practically part of the scenery now.

What exactly do you want to be about it? Ban utterances of Yore Ma?

Just ignore it tbh.
    agree with the above,cant see the big deal myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The thing about the "your ma" comment, is that it tends to be made once and dropped. You don't get 15 other people coming along saying the same thing. It's low brow for sure, but so is after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I didn't even notice "yore ma" was popular on boards. Shows how often I visit After Hours.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It makes me nostalgic, brings me back to the days when CS folk in Trinity sent "Yore ma!" to each other using custom-scripted "Hey" commands on their Netsoc /Alf2 accounts.
    I didn't even notice "yore ma" was popular on boards. Shows how often I visit After Hours.
    Dunno about that, but yore ma is very popular everywhere.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ixoy wrote:

Dunno about that, but yore ma is very popular everywhere.

nicely used, it's actually quite a skill to take an given opportunity and use it with flair. the OP is should be the one to go before the saying..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

like all fads, give it time and it will no doubt die off soon enuf. :cool:

copacetic wrote:
    nicely used, it's actually quite a skill to take an given opportunity and use it with flair. the OP is should be the one to go before the saying..

I'll get my coat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I love "YORE MA" and think "YORE MA" is great.

Leave "YORE MA" alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

cson wrote:
    Does anyone else think that this is getting a bit out of hand? Its on nearly every thread in AH and some other forums now. Usd in the right context its funny but its just getting annoying now tbh.
    The more notice is taken of it, the more it will acquire new life ... that's always the way with such fads.
    cson wrote:
    And yeah, I've little to be worrying about :p
    It's called post-LC blues ... suddenly, you seem to have lots of time on your hands, and you feel you really should be worried about SOMETHING! :D

Give it a week or two (and an improvement in the weather) and you won't even notice such things ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It's not a fad, it's a timeless classic.
    copacetic wrote:
    nicely used, it's actually quite a skill to take an given opportunity and use it with flair.
    QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yore ma is so fat that no matter where she sits down she will be beside you.

joke: no offence intended

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not sure what you want us to do about it really... ban "yore ma" as a phrase?

DeV.
    "Yore ma is so fat, her blood type is Ragu!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ah poor cson, not having much luck with the auld feedback threads. Someone make him a mod of something or other, he's a good kid really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

norbert64 wrote:
    like all fads, give it time and it will no doubt die off soon enuf. :cool:

YORE MA will die off soon enuf, she's that old :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I completely agree with the OP's point.

In the spirit of racial integration on boards.ie, I suggest the administrators write a script to replace all instances of 'Yore Ma'. With 'Yo Momma'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

oooh, I'm part of the group now, yay :rolleyes:

granted it seems to have tamed down a little lately, would some of the random incidents not kinda be considered spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

YORE MA has been on boards a hell of a lot longer than you, show some respect to your elders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It's only because Yore Ma never gets tired that she gets used so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

1174329819-408402775_243bd0ec32.jpg

Advertisement