Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG - Classic Space makes a return?

• 20-06-2007 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

So I guess my annual big Lego blowout this year is now complete. I'm promising not to go back into Smyth's for a bit, but I haven't set the time period in stone. Possibly as long as Christmas.

This time it's mostly Exo-Force and the new Mars Mission line. And I've been building the big Mars Mission base. There's probably a review post in there somewhere and I'll do that when I've a chance. But I've noticed something about the build as I was applying the decals to the rocket that comes with the base. There's a decal that's *almost* identical to the Classic Space logo (you remember - The spaceship leaving a vapor trail around a planet?) It brought a whole load of nostalgia crashing over me. Ever so pleased. I'll see if I can scan it at some point if anyone's interested...

Nick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 lostcarpark

Some of the Mars sets look good, but not sure about the new aliens. Are they single piece? They certainly don't look like their arms move. Shame we couldn't have the old "Life on Mars" aliens back, as they were totally cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Some of the Mars sets look good, but not sure about the new aliens. Are they single piece? They certainly don't look like their arms move. Shame we couldn't have the old "Life on Mars" aliens back, as they were totally cool.

They don't actually have arms at all, and are two piece - There's a point of articulation between the legs and the torso. They have holes at waist level which look like they'd hold an implement but it wouldn't look right to me. I was going through hard financial times when "Life on Mars" came out and never bought any :(

Nah - I think they're a bit something and nothing as well. Not half as good as the *kickass* robots from Exo-Force. Which I love to bits, and which I seem to have a platoon or two of at home now.

Nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 lostcarpark

Agreed, the Exo Force robots totally rock. The new Castle skeletons are also very good. Star Wars has had some great robot minifigs too. Even some of the newer Bionicle minifig sets are pretty good (they use the Exo Force arms).

But these aliens are a major step backwards. They remind me of the 1970's minifigs with their hands stuck in their pockets.

Other than that, there's some nice sets, which some lots to remind me of classic space (though I'm not sure about those strange plastice tubes).

Advertisement