Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped subjects

Options
  • 20-06-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Hey folks, Just curious, Has anyone taken the risk to drop any subjects for the leaving? If so how do you feel about it now?!

I dropped accounting a few weeks ago couldnt hack it at all! got a terrible result in the mock and wasnt able to get my head around it so i felt it was the best decision! Still feels risky only doing 6 subjects

Jay:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

i was going to drop french but glad my teacher forced me to keep it because the hl paper was lovely this year

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Well I would have....but I needed all my exams, cause I don't do Irish and I needed a C3 in maths for my first choice (don't need it for points cause of LCVP).So I needed to keep points from my 5 exams, and then use my LCVP points....so I couldn't really drop anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I dropped TD after the mocks (we only start it from 5th year in our school) and expect to get us up to honours level in those 2 years. I fell slightly behind, got 42% in HL for the mocks so decided that the amount of work I would have to put in could be used better elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I dropped LCVP at the start of the year... Dropped Physics at christmas... That still left me with 7 subjects though! But I basically dropped Chemistry too by doing no work for it.. Just didn't care.. Still sat the exam though, doubt I passed! I tryed an ordinary level paper the night before and I couldnt do it.. and I sat honours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

what were u thinking taking 9 subjects???????
    for me that would jus be suicide!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Dropped LCVP because I simply felt it wasn't worth it considering I probably wouldn't use it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Dropped Applied Maths after the mocks because i only barley passed, i hated it with a passion and i had absolutley no time to work on it!

Thought my time might be better spent trying to improve on the less than amzing results in physics and chemistry!

I guess i'll find out in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Oatesy

I dropped irish late last year :p ENVY ME... luckily i had religion so had 6 hons subjects as i do ordinary maths.. :S Id be finished now i hadnt done religion arghh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

im goin to drop applied maths but theres only 6 in our year doin it and we where all put down for honours so i dont no if they will have any pass papers????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I dropped Technical Drawing with about two months to go. It was going to be my ninth so it didn't matter too much.
    Regret it now though. Could definitely have done the paper and maybe even gotten a B2/B1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

I dropped Technical Drawing with about two months to go. It was going to be my ninth so it didn't matter too much.
    Regret it now though. Could definitely have done the paper and maybe even gotten a B2/B1.

Ninth!! wow, you should be well sorted come 15th August! I was down to 6 subjects so im praying I dont fail anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I wanted to drop accounting after after xmas. Cuz i hated it and also the careers counsellor kept tellin me that 8 subjects was too much and that i shud not do spanish because i was gonna fail (i'm fluent at it like). So i told her if it was 8 much i was droppin acc since i was failin anyway.
    They made this huge deal about it and i agreed to try ordinary level. Got a b2 so i decided to keep doin it even if i wasnt gonna use it for points or anytin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

fionated7 wrote:
    what were u thinking taking 9 subjects???????
    for me that would jus be suicide!!

i regretted not taking agricultural economics as a 9th subject... i had a look at the ordinary level paper lastnight and i could have easily passed it, most of it is general knowledge! i did check the net at the start of 6th year for any textbooks but i couldnt find anything so i jsut did bother..

staying on topic, i dropped ordinary level accounting in september for higher level business... best decision ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

i dropped business at the start of sixth year because the teacher was an idiot who actually added to the waffle in the book when he gave notes... I still have seven though because I was doing app maths outside school.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I had a very bad teacher for business too. Like she spent the whole class giving out for stuff we werent actually doing. That and my lack of interest in 5th year i ended up doing ordinary level. I regret it cuz once i actually started studyin the subject a kind of enjoyed it. And well i suppose my english wasnt that great back then either...

Advertisement