Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone now supports Youtube-Are you gonna buy it?

Comments

Get the 8gig sony ericsson w960 instead. Looks awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Still not as nice as the iPhone though.

Iphone just doesnt do it for me, Ive always been a fan of sony ericssons phones. I was only suggesting an alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

nope, not going too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

iphone just won't cut it until they have HSDPA support as well as support for proper 3rd party development... and I'm afraid to say its as simple as that.
    Its simply too expensive for some eye candy (that is admittedly gorgeous), but I want uber functionality at that price and the iphone still has too many red x's beside it. Too small as a decent music player, Too limited as a smartphone..
    Nice hardware but.... an iphone is for life not just for christmas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I am mad into phones, and money doesnt matter,I love having the latest phone but for some reason i wont go near the iphone.I just dont think its for me.I would prefer the N95 with a 4gb or even 8gb memory card when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Get the 8gig sony ericsson w960 instead. Looks awesome.
    I agree - though i might opt for the K850i instead, undecided at the moment, both look like they'll be great.

Don't like not having MMS on the iPhone, seems like an incredibly stupid thing to leave out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

oooh wanting you tube on a non 3g phone sounds great doesnt it oh sorry the press release says through the wifi connection i just dont get the point of the iphone (no wont be buying one i dont pay more than 200 euro for a phone anywayjust wait for the features come down to me guess what i can do without most of them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Why wait ?? you can already wait you tube on any phone goto the wap site,
    tinytube.net
    Iphone is just a pda at the end of the day,dont see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

you tube itself has gone mobile also.. 3gp format goto: m.youtube.com
    Make sure you are on an unlimited data plan in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I got onto that wap site, but I cant download any videos.
    Im with O2, they hardly have it blocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Apple has updated the specifications of the iPhone: it now supports up to 8 hours of talktime and 10 days of standby time, as well as 24 hours music playback, 6 hours of internet use and 7 hours of watching movies and TV shows on the 3.5" screen, which has a resolution of 320 by 480 (twice the pixels of a 320 by 240 display used in most similar phones).

See http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

I still won't be getting one until it has HSDPA though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=8123&CurrentPage=2
    There is a job going in Apple in Cork - iPhone Service Operations Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

iPhone isn't 3G or HSDPA compatible so no thanks. I agree with the poster who recommends the Sony Ericsson W960i - played with one today - bloody brilliant device (although it's a pity about the lack of a camera on it...)

Advertisement