Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc Irish Hl/ol

Options
  • 20-06-2007 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hey peeps!!

ive a question, im just finished the jc and going into 5th year,, the questions is if i should try higher level irish for the leaving cert?? my teacher has always encouraged me to do so and i think i should maybe but im just looking for some feedback considering ye guys are nearly finished with it completly!! i did OL for the jc but i was one of best in my class(got 92 in mocks). can someone please tell me if i might be able to struggle through it?

Oh yeh, im alright at the subject and will have a goood teacher next year, my problem is forming sentences, ie, i have good vocab, but am only able to use "basic' sentences, so im not very good at sentences and the like. i cant use verbs in different forms, i struggle to ask questions but can say a sentence like: verb followed by sentence, ie,
    chuaigh me go dti an shiopa chun aran a cheannach (i know thats fairly basic)

Edit: btw, in my school, they just ask if you want to do higher or ordinary, nothing to do with jc results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Do it, there's no reason why you shouldn't, if your teacher thinks you're able for it and you feel yourself that you're alright at it, then I say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

head to the gaeltacht, work on your verbs and sentence structure doing the summer and work like hell for the whole of 5th and 6th year and you should be fine. it will be hard work but so rewarding!

tir gan teanga, tir gan anam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If you were to try and have a chat with me as Gaeilge I dont think I could string together 2 sentences in Irish, yet I think I will get a C2 in Irish, if you're prepared to put effort into it, then yes you should try it, but it needs plenty of work. I'd be heading to the Gaeltacht next Summer if I were you...

That said pass Irish for the LC is a joke, you'll sail through it, like most do.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Definitely do higher,you're obviously able for it!
    If you find it too hard you can drop down at any time,but if you start off in pass you're stuck there.Give higher a shot-you'll be surprised!Trust your teacher-they (usually) know best:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

start off with honours anyway...theres no point making a descision bout it till uv actually started the course....then u can decide if ur not able for it!
    Only drop down to pass subjects in things u actually failed in the JC, ull have plenty of time to decide b4 the leaving cert...but try and make the descion b4the mocks!
    anyway the honours course is just an extension of the pass so its not like ud need to learn a whole new course if u decided to drop down!

• Advertisement
Advertisement