Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos.

Options
  • 20-06-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

The mother has been on to me about her woes in getting photos for her passport renewal.

If you've tried to get a passport recently, then you'll know the pain of trying to get photos that conform to the very exact specifications that are demanded. She already tried to get photos from the local pharmacy but they made a haimes of it.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the City that will take proper photos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sam Macauleys (sp?) is where i always go, they have a machine so that they can take as many photos as they want until the photo is right... However, your photo will remain on that screen for people to laugh at until the next photo is taken...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Where is this place and is it staffed?

The mother is nearing 60 and isn't the sharpest tool in the bag when it comes to anything remotely technical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sure she couldn't be if she's your mother. :)

It is staffed, and they're all over the place.

http://www.smcc.ie/

It is a very good system, you can play around with it for as long as you like as it's a digital system, and they should be the correct size.

adam

Chemist shop next to Ballyphehane park will do properly specced passport photos.Not sure how much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

On the new passport forms they have a template in the form so you can get the photo exactly right . bring this with you when you go to get the photo taken and check it there after you get the photo taken ,if its not right ask them to do it again,
    that what the passport office advised me to do .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The above is good advice.

I got my last set of photos taken in the chemist on the Grand Parade, near the P.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Barry's Photographer on Pembroke Street - I was there a few weeks ago for my passport shots - you just tell them you want your passport shots and they take you upstairs, 10 minutes later, €15.00 lighter of pocket but you have your 4 shots. They mark the back of two of them - which meet the specifics, so they're ready for the Gardai. I was advised to go there, after a mate of mine went through the machine twice - then another photographer and it kept getting rejected. The day I was in the passport office a few people were rejected, so I advised them to run down to Barry's.

And thanks for putting up this post - because you've reminded me I was to collect my passport 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Judes wrote:
    Barry's Photographer on Pembroke Street - I was there a few weeks ago for my passport shots - you just tell them you want your passport shots and they take you upstairs, 10 minutes later, €15.00 lighter of pocket but you have your 4 shots. They mark the back of two of them - which meet the specifics, so they're ready for the Gardai. I was advised to go there, after a mate of mine went through the machine twice - then another photographer and it kept getting rejected. The day I was in the passport office a few people were rejected, so I advised them to run down to Barry's.

And thanks for putting up this post - because you've reminded me I was to collect my passport 2 days ago.

Was the famous Mr Dave P Barry there? What a haircut that man has... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Judes wrote:

I think i'll get mine done there as my passport is nearly up for renewal. I've heard stories of people getting their photo's rejected a few times for not being done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

O'Leary's pharmacy on grand parade. They use a digital camera + you can request to look at them before they print them. I found them quite good - the pic is on my drivers licence now.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement