Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Ballet for Beginners

Options
  • 20-06-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I am contemplating going to an adult ballet class. I used to do ballet as a kid (when I was five or something), and would love to go back. However, what would you wear as an adult to a ballet class. Would leggins and a tee-shirt/body top be ok for the first class, or would I need to get a leotard. Also, what type of footwear would I need for the first class (before I commit). If after 2/3 classes I enjoyed it I would indeed buy some ballet pumps, but would hate to fork out money only to realise it wasn't my thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Coisceim Dance Theatre do adult ballet classes in their studio on Sackville Place (just off O'Connell St) as do Dance Theatre of Ireland in Dun Laoghaire.

Both have websites with more information and they answer emails really quickly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

Leggings and a string top would be perfect. and just some thin socks or your bare feet would be fine th first class as well! have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Cool - thanks a mill. There is a class on tonight, but think that I will leave it till next week (don't have my gear with me :o ). Thanks for getting back to me though. Oh, I can't wait to go back, and see what it's like (as an adult).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

How did you get on?

Kinda toying with the idea myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

It was brill :D - I have two left feet, but it was still enjoyable. And cos it was a beginners class, not one person had a leotard on. The place I went to is in Dance House on Foley Street. I found the co-ordination of feet and hands challenging, but it is the enjoyment that counts ;) . Sadly this class will be finishing up in a few weeks till September, but now that I have started I may be able to find an alternative class between now and then. The teacher is Lisa Tyrrell by the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement