Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Visiting Minister Hanafin

• 20-06-2007 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering is anyone else going up to meet Minister Hanafin in July?..My principal rang yesterday and a few students from our school are going to the dail and apparently students from all around are going..to talk about revamping the Leaving Cert or something!:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

im not going but id love to tell her a thing or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

fionated7 wrote:
    im not going but id love to tell her a thing or two!
    Wouldn't we all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, she's encouraged students to e-mail her too. I say fair play to her for listening to the students and not the teachers.

yeah she encourages e-mails but does she reply?

a mate of mine e-mailed her last year and got no reply. even an acknowledgement of receiving it would be something..

saying that she did get an A1 in the subject she was complaining about.. hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm a cynical cúnt, but that just looks like a publicity stunt to me.

• Advertisement

of course its for publicity, she is a fianna fail minister!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Its well a publicity stunt!She knows exactly what'll be said to her...she doesn't need to organise this or invite e-mails.The opinions on the leaving are well known so frankly she's just trying to waste everybody's time.
    Besides I think it should stay the way it is because if we had to suffer both English papers on one day,then so should everybody else!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Oddly enough, when Mary Hanafin ran the National Children's Strategy like 6/7 years ago, we all had to send letters to her and I was selected to go. My letter was quoted in the little booklet you got there:

"Children should have a say in the way they are taught"

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭cossyx

I kind of agreed to go without thinking about it, now I think it's going to be a waste of time she knows whats going to be said she has surely heard it all before..definately a publicity stunt!

Advertisement