Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Freaking out here-please help!!

• 20-06-2007 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Ok people I am really starting to freak out!! I just went onto the qualifax website with the intention of finding out about business and chinese studies at UCD. I entered 'chinese' into the search engine and another course popped up too, called "Commerce - International with Chinese Studies" (CK211) at UCC !! It also comes up on the the CAO site as well!! But there is no literature on course in the prospectus or on the college website!! Does anyone know if the course exists or know anything about it? Please help! I am freaking out here:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

check on the form u got from cao about new courses, if its new it wont be in the prospectus...

should exist if it came up on both websites

The course may have been discontinued - contact UCC themselves tomorrow. The deadline isn't for another 11 days, so quit your freak out :)

/Nevermind, it's a new course.

PS: You owe me a nice cold pint of Guinness.

http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/WorkingwithSchools/Info%20for%20Guidance%20Providers/DocumentFile,32627,en.doc
    University College Cork

Honours degree Programme Changes and Additions for 2007

College of Business and Law

1. New Programme: CK211 BComm (International) with Chinese Studies*

This is a 4 – year Honours Business and Chinese Studies degree programme with the 3rd year spent in China.
    *BComm (International) with Chinese Studies (CK211)

Programme Overview

BComm (International) with Chinese Studies is a response to the growing market demand for graduates with competences in business and management, knowledge of modern China and Chinese language (Mandarin) skills. The degree appeals to employers including multi-nationals, international organizations and Irish companies with Chinese interest. It will equip you with language and inter-cultural skills for working successfully in a Chinese, Asian, European and international environment.

It is a four-year honours degree programme (NFQ Level 8). You will study at UCC’s partner university in China in your third year to improve your Mandarin and learn how to interact with all aspects of Chinese culture and everyday life.

Entry Requirements

HC3 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O Level in the Leaving Certificate from: Irish, English, another language, Mathematics and two other subjects recognised for entry purposes. A HC1 or equivalent must be achieved in the language other than English or Irish.

Programme Structure

Year One
    You will take 40 credits of Business modules and 20 credits from Chinese Studies modules.
    Business modules (40 credits) include modules from the following disciplinary areas: Accounting/Finance; Business Information Systems; Business Economics; Food Business and Development; Government; Law; Management and Marketing; Mathematics and Statistics.
    Chinese Studies modules (20 credits) include:
    CH1000 An Introduction to Chinese Culture and Society (5 credits)
    CH1001 Chinese Language (Mandarin) I (10 credits)
    CH1101 Modern Chinese Business Language (Mandarin) I (5 credits)

Year Two
    Business modules (25 credits).
    Chinese Studies modules (35 credits) include:
    CH2001 Chinese Language (Mandarin) II (10 credits)
    CH2002 Chinese Business and Entrepreneur Studies (5 credits)
    CH2102 Modern Chinese Business Language (Mandarin) II (5 credits)
    CH2104 History of Modern China (5 credits)
    GV2221 Business and Regulation in China (5 credits)
    GV2222 Introduction to the Chinese Political Economy (5 credits)

Year Three
    You will study at a UCC partner university in China and take the equivalent of 60 credits there which may include work placement and research projects.

Year Four
    You will return to UCC to study.
    Business modules (25 credits).
    Chinese Studies modules (35 credits) include:
    CH3000 Chinese Language (Mandarin) III (10 credits) (compulsory)
    CH3001 Marketing in China (10 credits)
    CH3002 Chinese Commercial Law (10 credits)
    CH3003 Current Issues in Business Management in China – Case Study (5 credits)
    CH3004 Gender, Class and Ethnicity in Chinese Organizations and Society (5 credits)
    GV3204 Politics and Business in East Asia (5 credits)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

I love you!! If you are ever down around nenagh just drop us a line and I'll get you that pint:D

Would still be worthwhile contacting UCC to figure out what's going on in this regard.

On the plus side, if no-one else knows this course exists, I think you'll definitely get the points :)

Advertisement