Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

racer for sale

Options
  • 20-06-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

HI all

Im selling a 4 month old racer as it is too big for me. It is a giotto/ (president cycles) racer. 14speed. campagnolo shifters. Quite lightweight. Ideal for entry bike for triathalon or racing. 55cm top tube. The bike is literally as new. I really dont want to sell but its too much of a stretch for me. Have done about 160km on it.
    Selling it for 350euro.

Contact me for more pic's.

Madthing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

where you based

• Registered Users Posts: 23 madthing

Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

How tall are you? just trying to suss if it'd be too big for me as well, have a feeling it might be. I'm 5'11", i'd be interested if the size suits

• Registered Users Posts: 23 madthing

SOLD!

Sorry...only took 24 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Wheelsgoround

Have one to sell too. New. Same price. Anyone interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Yeh, I'd be interested. Any details or picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Hi I got racer to sell aswell

Frame accent 580 height
    brakelevers and gearshifters are shimano Tiagra
    brakes Tektro
    the rest is shimano 105 group (front and rear derailleur, crank and rear cogs 9-speed)
    wheels are shimano WH-R550
    stem ITM Millenium

handlebar and seat post - accent

1100 euro

I'll get pictures around weekend
    bike got only 100km mileage (so its brand new)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Omri... 1100? Are you sure? I'm not interested but 1100 seems a tad steep. It is a carbon or alu frame?

well price is flexible
    its alu with carbon fork

u get specialized or canondale on tiagra group for way over 1k

srry that's full shimano 105 costs almost 2k (canondale)
    tiagra is for 1100

• Advertisement

omri wrote:
    srry that's full shimano 105 costs almost 2k (canondale)
    tiagra is for 1100

Yes but dont for get its second hand

bike got week I don't think it's so 2nd hand to lower the price by 50% :)

omri wrote:
    bike got week I don't think it's so 2nd hand to lower the price by 50% :)

Maybe not 50% but you would want to take a fair amount off not worth paying over a thousend when you go to wiggle and get this
    http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360026041

yours is just way over priced

Can get you an alloy with Carbon fork, Campag Xenon or Veloce 27 spd, Brand new. 500 or 650 respectively

can u get me trial bike no need to be new, but in good condition especially frame ??

No only road bikes at the moment. And only new for any sort of bike.

A friend will be sending me one over in a month or so. Look into this site.
    http://www.vario-bikes.com/. Its the only Trial bike in it, the Styx. Not sure of price but i will beat the price on the site easily

Maybe not 50% but you would want to take a fair amount off not worth paying over a thousend when you go to wiggle and get this
    http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360026041

yours is just way over priced

That's a good deal crash. If I was in the market for a 1100 bike this would be a serious consideration. Though I think the Ultegra groupset is pushing the price up which make me wonder as to the quality of the frame. A Cannondale of the same money with lesser value components would perhaps be a better long term choice. After all it's easier and somewhat cheaper to upgrade components then it is a frame! If, of course, you have a frame worth upgrading. Sorry I tend to rabbit on....

Omri, I'd say 700 would be a fair price for 2nd hand. Can't compare Accent to Cannondale, different league. Not a full 105 gruppo and the STI are the most expensive piece of the kit. I'd be interested to know what you sell it for in the end.

Hungrycol wrote:
    That's a good deal crash. If I was in the market for a 1100 bike this would be a serious consideration. Though I think the Ultegra groupset is pushing the price up which make me wonder as to the quality of the frame. A Cannondale of the same money with lesser value components would perhaps be a better long term choice. After all it's easier and somewhat cheaper to upgrade components then it is a frame! If, of course, you have a frame worth upgrading. Sorry I tend to rabbit on....

Omri, I'd say 700 would be a fair price for 2nd hand. Can't compare Accent to Cannondale, different league. Not a full 105 gruppo and the STI are the most expensive piece of the kit. I'd be interested to know what you sell it for in the end.

Well as for the bike it was tested in cycling weekly 9 out of 10 a mate of mine has one as well and i have taken it for a spin a few times and deffo a very nice ride for its money .

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hungrycol wrote:

focus have an extremely good reputation in Germany and are building up a similar rep in the UK now for incredible value. I would't worry about the frame at all..

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote:
    focus have an extremely good reputation in Germany and are building up a similar rep in the UK now for incredible value. I would't worry about the frame at all..

Well said

I got focus MTB and can't say bad word bout it, it's rather cheap bike, maybe wheels are to soft, and frame is too small for me

Sorry my mistake. Was mixing it up with another bike :o . Yes the Focus are a respectible bike, esp the Cayo Expert, looks lovely too. I still wouldn't put it in the same league as the 'dales. Pro Tour winning bike's although I admit they're lagging every so slightly behind on their carbon frames compared to their Pro Tour Team counterparts but getting better all the time, at least Liquigas seem to think so - see Cycling Weekly this week for the Cannondale Super Six review. Their Alu bikes are second to none.

My bike of choice is still the Bianchi C2C 928 Carbon :p

but telling the truth we don't need all thos extra fancy carbon bikes, theyre just for pros where every inch of the track matters, we won't feel the diffirence between 105 and DA but our wallets will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I recently got an (entry-level) carbon bike, weight would not be a major factor at all but it does seem a lot more comfortable over long distances than aluminum.

Advertisement