Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The State of TNA *Contains post slammiversary spoilers*

• 20-06-2007 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

I don't mean the state of TNA as in where the current product stands, I mean the f*cking state of TNA!!

Just read the spoilers for next weeks show and I'm in disbelief with the awful booking decisions. Firstly, TNA have spent about 5 months pushing Jay Lethal towards the X Division Title. Then he wins it at the company's 5th year anniversary. Then he loses is the week after on Impact. To Samoa Joe of all people. Why Joe is back in the X Division I'll never understand.
    Then I see what the main event for Victory Road is. This is hilarious, it's being billed as the "Match of Champions" (isn't Vengeance the Night of Champions :eek: ), Joe and Angle (who hate each other, let's not forget) vs Team 3D with ALL the titles up for grabs!! So, if Devon pins Joe, Devon becomes X Division champion AND Bubba becomes World Champ!! What retard dreamt up this one? :rolleyes:

Now obviously, Joe and Angle are going to win the tag titles but the premise of having tag champs who hate each other has been done to death so this is going to bellyflop big time. Why wouldn't they leave Lethal with the title for a while instead of making him look like a fool (moreso) and give the tag titles to a team who could do with the push, or at least an actual team!!

The tag title situation is then made even worse when I see LAX vs Shelley and Sabin on Xplosion... f*cking Xplosion! This match could easily be the penultimate match on a PPV and would most likely tear the house down, but no, TNA don't see the potential there, instead they plan to put the titles on Joe and Angle, TNA's own 2 Horsemen if you will. :rolleyes:

Then I think maybe TNA are doing something good when I see a match between Angle, Christian and Rhyno on Impact go 30 minutes. Not bad, but there were 4 run ins in the first 15 minutes, have they not learned to book a match without turning it into a schmozz? (Love that word :D)

I still want TNA to succeed because I'm a big fan of the majority of their roster, but if this bull**** booking continues, I'll have to give up following the product. It's so frustrating see the exact opposite of what should happen, happen. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I agree with you fully. While I haven't watched TNA much lately I have been reading the results and there isn't a whole lot going on to make me watch it. It's a shame because they've got a great roster, they just waste so many of them.
    I was real excited when Angle joined but in my opinion they completely wasted the momentum and now his character is stale. Same for Christian Cage. Samoa Joe was picking up momentum similar to Goldberg's Streak at one stage and now he's back in the X-Division.
    They have a long way to go and a lot of changes to make if they ever want to compete with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I could be wrong but I thought I read that if say Angle makes the pin then he becomes tag champ and chooses his partner. It doesnt have to be Joe.
    Also if Bubba were to make the pin on Angle he'd become heavyweight champ and Devon doesnt win the X belt as a result.

Thats what I thought but your post has made me curious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah Brow you are right, I just watched Impact there. Whenever I read spoilers for Impact I think the show is going to be crap, but once you see it it seems a lot better. It didn't help that the spoilers I read were vague to say the least. Basically the person who picks up the pin wins the belt from whoever he pinned, so at least that will add a fresh dynamic to the match.

Each champion also has a qualifying match, Lethal vs Sabin vs Joe and Angle vs Christian vs Rhino as mentioned. That means that Team 3D will probably defend against LAX and someone else in a few weeks. Hopefully Team 3D lose because I hate the thought of them in a main event.

Yeah i dont know what TNA are doing . They were doing everything right before . Now its just looking horrible. Its ever since they hired Russo but i dont want to put all the blame on him . But they need to do somthing drastically before they bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched Impact just now - first one I've seen in a good while - and I'm sorry I bothered. I thought Raw was bad but that show was just diabolical.

Seriously what moron dreamt up that main event? (I have a fair idea). This main event is similar to the one from Backlash in 2001 when Stone Cold and Triple H put their WWE and IC belts on the line against the tag champions Taker and Kane. The difference though is that you believed Taker and Kane could win those titles. No one in their right mind seriously believes that Devon or Bubba...I mean 'Brother Ray' will win either the TNA title or the X Division title. A retarded concept.

Then we have the X Division title getting devalued even more with yet ANOTHER title change.

Oh and I guess Kurt is a heel now? Will he remain a heel? After all he broke the ankle of Samoa Joe's "girlfriend" and somehow was a babyface.

Yeah so basically I learned TNA still sucks donkey balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've posted here before regarding my thoughts on TNA, so in short, TNA should shut their doors forever and send there group of WWE rejects back to McMahon to beg for their jobs back (with the exception of Christian). TNA doesn't deserve 2 hours or any of the other stuff they want. I've given them chance after chance and they haven't been good since I first saw them on TWC a few years ago. Forget about RIP Mr. McMahon, RIP Total Non-stop Action!

Sorry for the rant, but I wish TNA would just roll over and die or stop trying to compete with WWE and just build the company slowly and properly.

Minto wrote:
    Group of WWE rejects back to McMahon to beg for their jobs back (with the exception of Christian).
    What?

I take it you mean Christian wouldn't need to beg for his job back as he would get it automatically. Christian has been one of the very few shining lights in TNA over the last 6 months, he has raised his game to the main event level and is all the better for it. In fact, of all the WWE cast off's in TNA, I'd say Christian is the only one who WWE would have any regret over letting go. He has turned into a diamond in the rough, and is one of the few reasons I still watch TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I only watched the ppv yesterday, it was better than I expected, although I skipped a good bit of it. I'm not a fan of Jay Lethal's new gimmick, but most of the fans are obviously into it so I would say they should run with it. Having him lose his title within a week is just stupid booking, especially when it appears as though he's not going to have a proper feud if he were to win it back, as Joe is much higher on the roster than him

I just...don't know. There's endless possibilities for great feuds and matches in TNA but they always go with ridiculous ones. Sabin and Shelley vs LAX would be one of my dream matches from the TNA roster, but they put it on the show that no on watches with no build-up. Both teams are meant to be heels too, so it doesn't make sense either

I seriously think the only way TNA are going to grow and get more viewers is if they take a more old-school approach to wrestling. There's no point in trying to compete with WWE, because the majority of their fans don't care about TNA and more than likely never will unless they offer a true alternative. Guys like LAX and Shelley, who have so much talent and who the fans want to see, are the guys who need to be pushed. They seem to be going nowhere though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think most of the animosity towards TNA has been because everyone expected a lot more when they signed Angle but the show has just stalled.

But people here are complaining that the main event will be predictable. Is Cena vs. Khali, Umaga etc not predictable. There was the same chance that they would get the title as devon and havinh read Brow's clarification of the match I'm looking forward to it as the element of who Kurt will pick is still quite interesting

As for poor title changes, Black machismo losing in a week is certainly better in my book than Santino morella getting thrown on Umaga by Bobby Lashley.

People complain non-stop that Tna has too much stupid gimmicks. Vince faked his own death so once again TNA, in comparison, is hardly that bad if it is indeed worse.

Tna has had 4 exceptional years and one average one. People need to give it a break especially as the bad year fall's in line with Jarrets's wife getting sick. He probably had less time to spend on his product and thus the decrease in quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think most of the animosity towards TNA has been because everyone expected a lot more when they signed Angle but the show has just stalled.

But people here are complaining that the main event will be predictable. Is Cena vs. Khali, Umaga etc not predictable. There was the same chance that they would get the title as devon and havinh read Brow's clarification of the match I'm looking forward to it as the element of who Kurt will pick is still quite interesting

As for poor title changes, Black machismo losing in a week is certainly better in my book than Santino morella getting thrown on Umaga by Bobby Lashley.

People complain non-stop that Tna has too much stupid gimmicks. Vince faked his own death so once again TNA, in comparison, is hardly that bad if it is indeed worse.

Tna has had 4 exceptional years and one average one. People need to give it a break especially as the bad year fall's in line with Jarrets's wife getting sick. He probably had less time to spend on his product and thus the decrease in quality

I would be most intereted to see you explain exactly how the 4 years previously to this have been exceptional in TNA!?

TNA is so frustrating beause I think we all really WANT them to produe good wrestling and a decent TV show and with the amazing talent at their disposal, thay really should do. But just when you think they've turned a corner or have something decent on their hands, they seem to make it mediocre at best and an overbooked mess at worst. Such a shame.

• Advertisement

I was reading something the other day, I think it was written by Bryan Alvarez, he was talking about the difference in where WWE and TNA get their money. WWE's main source of revenue is from their tv deals, so while ppv's are important to them, they're not as important as getting people to watch every week. WWE do that fine, no matter how abd they get. TNA don't get a lot of money from tv though, and they should be concentrating on getting people to buy their ppvs. I think they do a very bad job in that respect

The other thing that just makes no sense is the way they've brought in all these top guys like Sting, Angle, Steiner, Christian and Team 3D, but they haven't used them to bring anyone up to their level. These guys come in on top and they've stayed on top. There's no problem with Christian really, but as much as I like Sting, who has he really put over? Abyss I suppose, but I can't think of anyone else. Angle sort of helped put Joe over, although in a way he hindered him since he was the first to beat him. He hasn't helped anyone else yet though. Team 3D are the same, it's guys like LAX and Sabin and Shelley who should be made to look like stars because they're the guys who are going to be around the longest. They're also the guys who I think the majority of the audience actually want to see. It's like WCW when none of the top guys would put anyone over, although I think it's more to do with bad booking than egos here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Double C wrote:
    What?

I take it you mean Christian wouldn't need to beg for his job back as he would get it automatically. Christian has been one of the very few shining lights in TNA over the last 6 months, he has raised his game to the main event level and is all the better for it. In fact, of all the WWE cast off's in TNA, I'd say Christian is the only one who WWE would have any regret over letting go. He has turned into a diamond in the rough, and is one of the few reasons I still watch TNA.

I meant Christian as being the exception i.e. not being a reject. If I watch TNA, I do so only if he is on TV, otherwise I turn off. I agree with everything you said about Christian and would love to see him back in the WWE (only if he got an Edge like push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I will say this for TNA, they do not do a good job promoting their ppvs but they are in a very difficult situation.

There's no doubt that WWE ppv's took some sort of a hit with the growth of UFC and to a lesser extent MMA. Arguably its hurt TNA even more.

Take this month for example, theres been/will be 2 UFC's and 2 WWE pay per views in June. There's also been a couple of other of MMA shows too.

Unless TNA is absolutely hitting a home run with their tv every week consistently, only the very die hards will buy their shows as there is just too much stuff and people won't pay for everything, so they'll go with the marquee brands like UFC and WWE. They are getting squeezed big style in the ppv market. Combine it with the fact that their tv is very hit and miss and you get the same 30,000 buys every month.

On the whole though, I've given up feeling anything about TNA. It is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

I was watching Impact on bravo a few days ago and i thought it was absolutely hilarious, it was abyss against christian and abyss starts killing everyone including security who form an orderly queue so they can get punched and roll around the ring in 'pain'.
    When he got the broken glass out it was funny how the commentators went crazy! I like TNA as a comedy but not for good wrestling. Leave that to the ever declining WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I think tna is pretty good considering it's just a one hour show. I seen a great match with Chris Harris in it a few weeks ago.

May as well post this here, rather than start a new thread.

TNA and Midway are producing a game, a trailer can be seen here

It doesn't look half bad, graphics wise, I bet it won't be as good as No Mercy on the N64 :cool:

That trailer was shown on Impact last December, the game isn't due out til next year though. Should be interesting anyway, I look forward to playing a video game as Joe!

Last December? **** I thought it was new! Yeah playing as Joe and AJ will be good craic. They better make Shelley's move set as vast as it is in real life.

This weeks Impact
    Very good match. It's good to see TNA do this once in a while. The only other decent long matches on Impact I can think of are Daniels vs Joe and Christian vs Rhino in a cage match. They need to do this more often.

Now, I understand they need to get faces on tv every week, but they totally over did it with run ins in this match. I always thought it was the heel who was meant to do the run ins? The way this match was booked you would have thought Christian was the face. First Abyss, then Harris attack him. Then Storm had to get his head in there and cost Rhino the match.
    Joe's involvement at the start was the most pointless of all though. Why wasn't Angle struggling to make it to the ring for the opening bell?

Anyway, a step in the right direction for TNA.

Double C wrote:
    Now, I understand they need to get faces on tv every week, but they totally over did it with run ins in this match. I always thought it was the heel who was meant to do the run ins? The way this match was booked you would have thought Christian was the face.

I agree there.
    It was a good match, although I couldn't tell you what happened during most of the second half of it. However, I could tell you all about Abyss and Tomko's scrap! The run-ins were just ridiculous. Other than that, it was nice to see them focus on one main thing. If they could have a decent length match and fit in two or three promos and another match, I think it would make for a much better Impact format

• Advertisement
Advertisement