Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007-2008 first years!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Theres a link in the post. Reg week starts the 3rd September, first lectures start from the 10th. Same for everyone. I'm just not sure when Arts students finally choose their subjects. How many in this thread are doing Arts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Hey

I'll be doing Actuary and Finance come september...I hope. If not then it's Ec&Fi

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TellingTim

anybody who is doing human science in here ?

I come to ucd the first of september for doing my last bachelor in Sociology , and I'd like to meet some people. Free free to e-mail me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Anyone go to the postgrad ball last night? It was a damn class night I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Applied for general nursing! Really hope i get it.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

applied for arts, did the leaving about 6 years ago.

only got 375 points though, so I may not get in at all.. and if I do, it will likely be later rounds. debating going to dublin now to get a place early, be a bit of a waste if I don't actually get in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Mord : Can you not enter as a Mature student. Anyway arts last year was 306 afaik

I could have, but I didn't know I needed letters from all the colleges I've attended to send in with my cao if I applied as a mature student.. found this one at 5pm on the last day of applications, feb 1st I think it was.

so I'm just throwing my hat in with all the leaving cert students.. hopefully I'll get in.

what subject are you coming back for?/

philosophy and math in first year anyway, not sure what other two I'll do.. maybe psychology and something partly interesting.. Hoping to get in to single subject philosophy in second year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Mordeth wrote:
    . Hoping to get in to single subject philosophy in second year.

It's not terribly hard to get into since very few go for it.

Really? I'd heard from a few people that it was pretty hard to get into because lots of people applied to it every year..

now I don't know what to think

--edit

lol, look at the times of both our posts

awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Mordeth wrote:
    Really? I'd heard from a few people that it was pretty hard to get into because lots of people applied to it every year..

No, that hasn't been my experience.
    Some single subject majors are hard to get into maybe the people you were talking to were thinking of psychology which is very difficult to got into, but in the three years I did philosophy only a handful wanted to do mode 1 in any given year and I never heard of anyone who didn't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StevoPS

The first 4 choices on my CAO are courses in UCD so I bloody hope that I'm going to end up in there. 1st choice is Forestry :)

I'll be looking to play tennis and darts in UCD but I noticed on the website that there is no darts league, if I do get accepted to UCD will it be a simple matter of setting one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

StevoPS wrote:
    The first 4 choices on my CAO are courses in UCD so I bloody hope that I'm going to end up in there. 1st choice is Forestry :)

I'll be looking to play tennis and darts in UCD but I noticed on the website that there is no darts league, if I do get accepted to UCD will it be a simple matter of setting one up?

Nothing is simple in UCD!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

StevoPS wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:
    Cept sangre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭DtotheK

got 500 points there and last yrs gen engineering was 495
    it will be close... very close... possibley... too close...

... fingers crossed i'll get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

got 515 so i'll be doing law next year!! Can't wait!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I got 600, so I'll be starting Business and Law!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I got 600, so I'll be starting Business and Law!

just finished it, you have a great 4 years ahead of you! enjoy!

shudder !

where are all the budding archaeologist hopefulls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

got 525!! so i'm pretty sure i'll be doing business and chinese studies this september!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Considering the number of new first years posting here (and the number of oldies leaving us :( ) we should organise an "Hello Goodbye" (or some better name!) beers at some point before the new semester kicks off.

Sure i'll start a thread when i get home and see if there be any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just have it during Freshers Week or something. Jaysus, this will be my main area on boards now over the next 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I suppose one advantage of being a mature student is: I was interviewed at UCD 3 months ago, and got a letter from them 2 weeks later, saying "we're telling CAO to let you in". My course - Structural Engineering w/ Architecture (DN078) - can't be that popular, since it has one (1) mature student place reserved, and that must be the one I got.

I'm giving up an IT "career" for this - a "career" that was going nowhere, with sub-inflation pay increases, while the cost of living in Dublin 4 keeps going up. My finances for the next 3 years are going to be "interesting", in the Chinese Proverbial sense. No "gap years", unpaid internships or foreign study are on the agenda. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

stereoroid wrote:
    I suppose one advantage of being a mature student is: I was interviewed at UCD 3 months ago, and got a letter from them 2 weeks later, saying "we're telling CAO to let you in". My course - Structural Engineering w/ Architecture (DN078) - can't be that popular, since it has one (1) mature student place reserved, and that must be the one I got.

Oooooh deadly thats the course I'm planning on doing!, unless of course the points jump by 40 odd points, which going by what you say, can't be too likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lara Croft

I want to do Maths, which was 390 last year, and I have 380. :o

Maybe next year! :)

was 390 the final round offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lara Croft

I don't actually know tbh. I should probably investigate further.

Advertisement