Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007-2008 first years!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Good combo. No exams in English and History is enjoyable. I made this mistake in first year and I am passing it on to you so you dont make the same mistake. Join the societies relevant to your course, its a great way of making friends and talking to the lecturers. At those things chat to your lecturers and they can recommend books and stuff to help you. I did GRC instead of sociology, heard its interesting so you should enjoy it. Good luck in the coming year.

PF

Oh are the lecturers actually at some of the talks? I never thought they would be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh are the lecturers actually at some of the talks? I never thought they would be..
    They do indeed. Or, the very least, they turn up for the free wine afterwards... :D
    They're a good bunch actually. I'm doing an MA in History at the mo (should've finished it by now actually, but that's another story...), so I've been around the Dept a while now. Aldous is sound, so's Elva Johnston, Marnie Hay's nice and a very good lecturer, Christoph's a laugh and Gough is an absolute legend. All pretty easy to talk to tbh.

I might go to this thing tonight, I'm not sure. This thesis is absolutely killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

They do indeed. Or, the very least, they turn up for the free wine afterwards... :D
    They're a good bunch actually. I'm doing an MA in History at the mo (should've finished it by now actually, but that's another story...), so I've been around the Dept a while now. Aldous is sound, so's Elva Johnston, Marnie Hay's nice and a very good lecturer, Christoph's a laugh and Gough is an absolute legend. All pretty easy to talk to tbh.

I might go to this thing tonight, I'm not sure. This thesis is absolutely killing me.

I went to it tonight.. it was pretty intense for a first year History student. I hope that one day I'll be able to formulate such intelligent opinions. I didn't in fact stay for the wine after (shy little fresher - and I don't particularly like wine), there was quite a bunch though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Oh Spam..... good with a nice wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

any 1st years interested in joinging a parkour club??
    know what parkour (or free running as some prefer) is??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wild_Rose_86

In my fourth year, I decided I should probably introduce myself as the Food Science student from the dreaded Ag Block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

any 1st years interested in joinging a parkour club??
    know what parkour (or free running as some prefer) is??

didnt kno there was one where were ya s freshers week cos that looks amazin never done it before but wud love to learn
    also is there any capeiro club or do they jus do that wi the get in gear thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 UpcomingStudent

Hey, im a first year science student ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sparky12345678

ecoli wrote:
    didnt kno there was one where were ya s freshers week cos that looks amazin never done it before but wud love to learn
    also is there any capeiro club or do they jus do that wi the get in gear thing

indeed there is, we only started up after the freshers week....
    :(
    but please any interested in joining dont hesitate to pm me....
    or email the email address at
    ucdparkour@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself. Name's Darren and I'm in 1st BA CompSci. I'm also the SU Rep for BA CompSci, so if anyone from my course has any problems give me a shout!

Darren.O-Connor@ucdconnect.ie

(should be changing to bacompsci@ucdsu.ie in the next few days)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 metallidude

hi Darren, you might remember me from such classes as German and German Literature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Roysh so basically i applied for orts...totally cool subject, i was basically giving ronan daggers because he got into trinity, i was in lillys last night and amy was giving me the mince pies, im so like the hottest dude in the gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

Inglorious wrote: »
    Yeah, right here. Though I don't match your full criteria as i did the LC last year (did a brief stint in Trinity this year). I've applied for law.

I am word for word in the exact same scenario this time around.Still in trinity though.Hope the law points don't go up too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Roysh so basically i applied for orts...totally cool subject, i was basically giving ronan daggers because he got into trinity, i was in lillys last night and amy was giving me the mince pies, im so like the hottest dude in the gang.

welcome to two years ago

Advertisement