Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

compatible xbox games for xbox360

• 20-06-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Im going to get an xbox 360 soon and was wondering what games from the old xbox work on the xbox360 because there is some old games i want to play on the xbox360 when i get it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Here's the official list and here's a list of Gamespot reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Panzer Dragoon Orta shouldn't be on that list, as I unfortunately found out:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

it should my copy works on my 360 just fine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

vasch_ro wrote:
    it should my copy works on my 360 just fine

Have you played the whole thing? PAL version crashes at the end of level three or four (forget which - the one before the big ass airship battle anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id recommend :

Shenmue 2

Halo 2

Ninja Gaiden

Star Wars : KOTOR

and thats about it (that I still play!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The backward compatibility list is a shambles, I mean no Chronicles of Riddick, Jet Set Radio Future doesn't work even thought he list says it should, tons of stuff left off.
    At least its not a bad as what PS3 owners have to suffer, man the guy who thought it would make the machine more cost effective to remove a couple of cents worth of silicon and ditch proper PS1 compatibility should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

ok cool thanks,
    btw anyone know where to get shenmue 2???? havent sen it in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I use a vga cable with my 360 and allot of games, despite being on the compatibility list, will not work.

So I can't play Half-Life 2, Halo etc. on my 360. :( unless I drag it across the apt and hook it up to the old tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

quad_red wrote:
    I use a vga cable with my 360 and allot of games, despite being on the compatibility list, will not work.

So I can't play Half-Life 2, Halo etc. on my 360. :( unless I drag it across the apt and hook it up to the old tv.
    I'm using the component cable. Halo, Simpsons Hit and Run, and Crimson Skies run fine. Must be a VGA cable thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Anybody got a list of what formats work on the 360. Like I have a 360 that I bought here, but can it play old Xbox ntsc games on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Anybody got a list of what formats work on the 360. Like I have a 360 that I bought here, but can it play old Xbox ntsc games on it?

As far as I'm aware, the 360 reads region encoding just like the xbox.

Some early 360 games were region free but most are encoded now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

quad_red wrote:

yeah, same with Forza 1

Advertisement